Northern Territory at top end for job vacancies

vegastomelbourne

Any input is appreciated..thank you..:biggrin:

http://cfd.net.au/home/article/northern-territory-at-top-end-for-job-vacancies-20110331-81858.html

LOOKING for a job? Don't try NSW. On average there are four unemployed locals competing for each position. In Tasmania it's even worse - there are seven.

The best place to find a job, statistically, is in the Northern Territory. It boasts about one job for each local. Australia's most authoritative vacancy survey compiled by the Bureau of Statistics finds 3800 jobs in the Territory while its employment survey finds 3900 locals looking.

Any input is appreciated..thank you..:biggrin:

http://cfd.net.au/home/article/northern-territory-at-top-end-for-job-vacancies-20110331-81858.html

I have thought about the Northern Territory - my occupation is on that list. BUT, I'm afraid of the extremely hot and humid weather, the spiders, not to mention the crocodiles. :embarrassed:

I have thought about the Northern Territory - my occupation is on that list. BUT, I'm afraid of the extremely hot and humid weather, the spiders, not to mention the crocodiles. :embarrassed:

Ya wuss!!:wink:

The Top End has a fabulous life style.

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest The Pom Queen

Got to agree with Bobj, it's gorgeous up there (not as gorgeous as Cairns mind you)

When we first were looking at Cairns everyone said to us, don't move up there it is so hot and humid and it rains every day in wet season, there are crocs everywhere and you can't swim, snakes etc etc.

I am so glad we didn't listen to them, we have just gone through the dry season and yes it was dry didn't rain once, no humidity and average temp of 25 perfect. We are now heading towards the wet season which we went through last year, the temp have hotted up to 36 - 40, yes their is humidity, but unless you work outdoors it doesn't affect you at all, you are at home under the aircon, you get in the car (aircon), you go shopping/work (aircon)

As for crocs, most houses have a pool, they are not everywhere you just have to be more aware of where you are going etc.

We live in a rainforest and haven't seen a snake yet, nor have we seen a wild croc.:wubclub:

i'm in The NT at the mo, on a whv. I've been up here since july, so have experienced dry season. Now going through the build up. Yes, it's bloody hot, but you do eventually acclimatise. The air after some rainfall smells fantastic!! Very tempted to stay up here. Had one offer for permanent sponsorship from previous employer. About to start another job at Mt Bundy. Spiders...seen only 2. Crocs...only get seen if they want to be seen. Not seen any snakes yet, plenty of lizards though.

• 4 months later...

Archived