Help and advice needed re the 457 visa,,,,,pleaseeeeeee.

Keira huggins

Hi guys, am new to the forum and I pose this question as just had some major news dropped on my toes.

My husband has been interviewing for a job in Sydney and things are looking very positive. My dh informs me that he would go out there on a 457 visa, initially for 3 months in order to find housing, schools etc, the we would follow.

I have been reading (as best as I can) up on the visa and the processes and all I can is "CONFUSED":err::err::err:

Can anyone please advice how much it is going to cost us, not the sponsor but us as the prices look incredible!!! That is before medicals, police checks and putting the pooch on a plane.

Any help, guidance and divine inspiration would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Keira

Hi we also have a job offer in Sydney and will be going on a 457 visa.

Our company are paying all fees including relocation package plus flights so wont actually cost us anything. But on a 457 you shouldnt have to have medicals or police checks ( i am led to belive)

Quote on our dog is approx £2500 but from jan 1st 2012 they will also need rabbies jab and tests...

On the 457 visa you will be paying $4500 each child for state schools.

We are looking at Catholic ones which for the 2 kids works out alot cheaper.

Are you all going over on a 457?

We are all going together as Dh work will pay 6 temporary weeks accomodation plus car hire for us.

Lots of people will try to put you off the 457 visa as if the company terminates employee you only have 28 days to leave the country. But i am so exited and the company we are going to is a global company who dh works for over here.

If i can help you with anything just pm me. Honestly i have been on the net literally all day every day for the last couple of weeks!!

Mandy

Thanks Mandy.

God everyday is a school day. I shall have to ask hubby if his new employer is paying any costs. I wasn't aware that you had to pay for schooling, is that a national or state instruction and is the same for secondary school children?

How far along the immigration process are you now?

Any handy tips will be greatly appreciated. We are expecting a definitive answer Monday, all keeping our fingers crossed. As I say, very early days so hopefully there will be a bundle of info flying in my direction then and I should know more.

When do you go?

Hi guys, am new to the forum and I pose this question as just had some major news dropped on my toes.

My husband has been interviewing for a job in Sydney and things are looking very positive. My dh informs me that he would go out there on a 457 visa, initially for 3 months in order to find housing, schools etc, the we would follow.

I have been reading (as best as I can) up on the visa and the processes and all I can is "CONFUSED":err::err::err:

Can anyone please advice how much it is going to cost us, not the sponsor but us as the prices look incredible!!! That is before medicals, police checks and putting the pooch on a plane.

Any help, guidance and divine inspiration would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Keira

Take some professional advice, and as a matter of good practice, not from an agent who is acting for the prospective employer.

Archived