When is Hayfever season from/to?

NowPerth

Hi

My daughter has hay fever. In England she starts taking medication 1 month before her hayfever is due to hit so that her system builds up some resistance in advance.

We are hoping to arrive in Perth in December. Is this right in the middle of hayfever season? Is her hayfever likely to be as bad there as it is here? (Might seem like a daft question, but I wondered whether, if the breeze comes in off the ocean, then maybe it might not contain so much pollen).

I am wondering whether to start giving her medicine in November.

Any advice?

Hi

My daughter has hay fever. In England she starts taking medication 1 month before her hayfever is due to hit so that her system builds up some resistance in advance.

We are hoping to arrive in Perth in December. Is this right in the middle of hayfever season? Is her hayfever likely to be as bad there as it is here? (Might seem like a daft question, but I wondered whether, if the breeze comes in off the ocean, then maybe it might not contain so much pollen).

I am wondering whether to start giving her medicine in November.

Any advice?

G'day mate, any help?

http://www.cottnat.com.au/treatment-of-hay-fever-rhinitis-sinusitis.asp

Cheers, Bobj.

• 2 weeks later...

I suffer a little from hayfever and just seeing the price of tablets over there is quite scary!!! To be fair though I've been twice around peak season and the effects haven't been half as bad as what I get here (Maybe it's the dirty London air, who knows?), so fingers crossed your daughter receives the same positive affect as I did. My biggest tip for you is try and stock up on a few batches. As I said previosuly, it's rather expensive in Oz for Hayfever/ anti allergy tablets.

Thank you for the advice.. I took her to see the doctor who gave her tablets to take in advance for a month. He said he will supply the other medications for once we arrive. If I take 2 months worth it should cover us until the next year. Now I need to check whether I can take them all through Dubai airport without getting arrested. :policeman::emoticon_doctor_sna

Archived