Form 80 - character assessment - help

JBO76

I have just been allocated a case officer - good news!

The bad news is that I need to provide completed form 80 detailing personal particulars for character assessment. All was going well until I hit page 5 where the form requires details of "all visits to countries outside of Australia in the last 10 years".

Do you think this applies only to applications inside Oz or do I really have to disclose all overseas trips I have made in the last 10 years? I used to travel a lot for work and we have always holidayed abroad. At a guess this could run into 50+ trips!!!!

Any have any experience of this and know whether I need to disclose every trip?

Many thanks in advance for any advice

Jay

Guest guest59177

I think just mention some recent ones. There is a portion at the VERY END which allows you to provide further info for any question. Just write down there that the answer to question so and so would require you to write about 50+ trips which you don't remember very well. You could then simply mention the names of some of the destinations. Alternatively, if the destinations are few, enter them in the main question and in the arrival departure columns write down numerous dates. I think that should do it.

You should endeavour to do your best with this. Even if it is just saying for each year 10 short business trips to Germany, max 2 days per visit.

The reason they need to know is that if you have spent more than a year in total in another country they may ask for a police check, especially if stays were longer than one or two weeks at a time.

We had to guess some by looking at old passports and photographs, to be honest it was quite fun looking back. And yes we had a very long list and had to add extra pages as we had travelled quite a bit both as a family and individually.

Guest dguertin

I was in the same situation with 100+ trips outside my country. I did my best to list every trip (specified month-year). When I had period with frequent business travel, I made a blanket statement specifying : "frequent business trips to xxxx between month-year and month-year".

I also made another statement specifying that I spent over 1 year in this other country. Basically, this is what they want to know.

Just do your best to answer to the best of your ability. I had no comments on my form 80 during the process and got approved.

I had a similar problem when I filled in my Form 80 as I'd been living in the Netherlands for a couple of years, and had frequently done day trips across the border to Belgium and Germany.

In the end I just gave approximate dates, as others have done, and made a note of where I'd been and that I couldn't give more detail. DIAC were OK with that, and issued my golden ticket shortly afterwards.