RSMS application in trouble, Need help

ppomsinoz

Hi,

One of my friend had applied for RSMS 5 months back, he is working for a IT firm and been working there for past 1.5yrs, his employers decided to sponsor him, he was in TR visa, had the required score in IELTS and was assessed as ICT business analyst which is in current SOL, though he could have applied individually he was scared of this Labour government immigration scam ie) feared some thing will change and his application will go to endless waiting so he wanted to go the employer sponsored route, his application was lodged 5 months back, despite being in priority 1, a case officer is not alloted yet, the trouble is his company is doing really bad now, it may go to administrators and may even be liquidated, so if that happens what will be the status of his RSMS application, right now he is in bridging visa because his TR expired 5 months back, is there any chance of him making an individual application if his RSMS is in risk. Please help

Thank you.

Hi,

One of my friend had applied for RSMS 5 months back, he is working for a IT firm and been working there for past 1.5yrs, his employers decided to sponsor him, he was in TR visa, had the required score in IELTS and was assessed as ICT business analyst which is in current SOL, though he could have applied individually he was scared of this Labour government immigration scam ie) feared some thing will change and his application will go to endless waiting so he wanted to go the employer sponsored route, his application was lodged 5 months back, despite being in priority 1, a case officer is not alloted yet, the trouble is his company is doing really bad now, it may go to administrators and may even be liquidated, so if that happens what will be the status of his RSMS application, right now he is in bridging visa because his TR expired 5 months back, is there any chance of him making an individual application if his RSMS is in risk. Please help

Thank you.

well i think ur friend better consult a migration agent, I do not think he is eligible to apply for an onshore 885 visa.

Hi,

Thank you.

If your friend had engaged thee services of a registered migration agent to certify his visa application 'decision ready' he could have expected a decision in a few weeks.

Thanks Westly,

I am not a fan of migration agent (I did my own application and went through all the trouble with DIAC myself),

I advised him not to use one (mainly because it will break the communication between the applicant and DIAC)

but he did go through a Migration agent (The application is decision ready), I have asked him to ask his migration agent why it has taken 5 months and still no CO and what will happen if his company gets liquidated?

I thought of posting this question here to know if his application will still be valid if his company gets liquidated and have any further chance of applying a new onshore 885, individually?

Though I am personally not a fan of migration agents, can any migration agent reading this give a solution for this, Please. if it will involve any fees, Please let me know I can forward the information to him.

From what you have posted, it seems that the application was valid, but could be doomed. Valid in DIAC-speak means it satisfied the schedule 1 criteria (which presumably it did) so the minister MUST process it, but if there is no sponsor at the date of decision the application cannot satisfy the schedule 2 criteria and visa/s will be refused. Depending on the particulars of the case, it might be possible to apply onshore for another visa. An onshore visa refusal might make this impossible; depending on the particulars of the case.

I am a fan of DIY and unregistered agents - I have hours of fun fixing the disasters.

If the information you posted is correct, it seems probable that the application was not decision ready and has been treated accordingly, or the DIAC is looking into some aspect of it, or both.

Have fun.

Wow ppoms that was pretty rude! I appreciate that you are concerned for your friend ...but !! I'm a solicitor and there a plenty of people who bash us, but if someone posted on a forum "I'm not a fan of solicitors but please help me out," well that is not a post I would be replying to. Just rude.

I am sorry if my post has offended you kate10, as you understand the concern that the help is not for me but my friend, my friend really needs help, I am not a unregistered agent but a DIY fan, I did my own as I knew about it and I helped some of my friends in similar situation to do their application themselves and they have got their, I am not a fan of agents just because I have seen some of my friends had to go home only because the agent did a lousy job, its just not me bashing agents you can find so many people in this same forum who are not happy with their agents and I would say this forum has members just because they have a DIY application and need more help or have used a agent and in trouble.

can someone please tell, if a second application for 885 can be lodged while a RSMS application is in progress and the applicant being in bridging visa?

Thank you.

I am sorry if my post has offended you kate10, as you understand the concern that the help is not for me but my friend, my friend really needs help, I am not a unregistered agent but a DIY fan, I did my own as I knew about it and I helped some of my friends in similar situation to do their application themselves and they have got their, I am not a fan of agents just because I have seen some of my friends had to go home only because the agent did a lousy job, its just not me bashing agents you can find so many people in this same forum who are not happy with their agents and I would say this forum has members just because they have a DIY application and need more help or have used a agent and in trouble.

can someone please tell, if a second application for 885 can be lodged while a RSMS application is in progress and the applicant being in bridging visa?

Thank you.

I dont think you can apply for an 885 on a bridging visa:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/885/eligibility-applicant.htm

"You may also be eligible to apply if you do not hold one of the above visas but have held an Overseas Student visa in the last six months and met the threshold requirements to apply for a General Skilled Migration visa."

I am sorry if my post has offended you kate10, as you understand the concern that the help is not for me but my friend, my friend really needs help, I am not a unregistered agent but a DIY fan, I did my own as I knew about it and I helped some of my friends in similar situation to do their application themselves and they have got their,

Although commendable that you are trying to help your friend, tread with caution, as I have seen many well meaning friends give bad advice which has ended in tears.

Just because you were successful with your application it does not mean that your friend’s application will be the same or even that the same Regulations apply.

I am not a fan of agents just because I have seen some of my friends had to go home only because the agent did a lousy job, its just not me bashing agents you can find so many people in this same forum who are not happy with their agents and I would say this forum has members just because they have a DIY application and need more help or have used a agent and in trouble.

As with all professions, the Migration industry has both good and bad agents with many variations in between.

Unlikely; however, there is insufficient information in your post to advise an answer to this question.

Irrespective of your dislike for Agents, I wish your friend luck.

Archived