moving before christmas and kids toys

Libbysmummy

It's possible that we could be moving over 2 or 3 weeks before christmas:jiggy:Has anyone else moved before christmas who has children? Hubby said we'll wait for stuff to be shipped and tell them santa went to the wrong house :wub:yeah right and my 6 year old will buy that!!!

Anyone had this dilema, i'd rather come with no clothes (in suitcase) and bring toys than see her little face christmas morning! If we wait till we get there will I have a problem getting stuff? Help! Just another worry for my brain to cope with...

Thanks

Libbysmummy x x

Guest spadgersdad

You should have no problem getting the things you want for Christmas, only if the toys you are wanting for your children are the latest toys this year. Then I would advice you to buy it in the UK and bring it over with you, other than that you should be ok to get things when you arrive.

It also feels like Christmas again when your belongings arrive and the children haven't seen their toys for almost three months, so you could celebrate two Christmas's

We asked rellies etc to give us money so we could buy toys and pool stuff (hot weather over xmas means great stocking fillers) for the kids chrissy pressies, on their behalf when we got here. The shops are open until xmas eve ,have really late night shopping in the run up to xmas ,so im sure you and hubby could nip out with a list.

Have a look at BigW, Target and K- mart on line as they are the main stores you will find selling toys in any shopping plaza. Toys R Us are here too, but only in certain shopping centres.

Hope this helps a little

Cal x

Guest mandi1971

We had xmas in Canada with the kids and apart from missing my family the kids had a great time. We took a few things in a suitcase and bought the rest over there, just got money off everyone and wrapped things up off them so the kids knew no different. We went and bought a tree in the sale and it was pre lit with decorations etc.

We set the webcam up so we could talk to all the family and that seemed to cheer everyone up.

as long as the kids think santa hasn't forgotten then they cope great :biggrin:

Mandi x

I have the opposite problem - we are having our things shipped in Nov but we don't arrive until mid January - what does father christmas bring kids that can fit in their suitcases with their clothes? I think the answer is not much!

I'm sure you'll be able to find stuff in shops for them over there. I'd maybe take one or two things from the UK but I'd be looking to buying once there. Get in with the Aussie lifestyle and fill their stockings with some thongs, sunnies, funky sun hats and other fun stuff.

And ask family to send small gifts over in the post (or wire money so you can buy over there), or buy online in Aus and have it delivered. Our Aussie family do this for our son over here in the UK and it works great. Usually stuff comes from M&S or John Lewis. My parents plan to do the same once we are over in Aus, shop online over there and have it sent direct.

Honestly, while Aus doesn't have the same stores as the UK, its by far a black hole of nothingness in terms of shopping for kids. You'll be fine I am sure :)

Archived