A380 Upper deck

Stellathedog

Have booked flights with Singapore Airlines on the A380 and have paid extra to have 'preferred seating'.

We booked 71H and K, as it was as close to business class as we will ever get!!!

Also, I'd read a post somewhere that the toilets to our left were for business class and were the other side of the curtain and therefore weren't too much of a problem.

Now on Singapores site it shows these same toilets as part of the economy area and I'm wondering if that will make these 'preferred seats' noisy (there are far more people in economy cabin than in business????????????

Anyone travelled upstairs on SIA recently and can let me know please?????

Cheers Pam

Have a look at seatguru.com - it rates every single seat for you :)

Thanks for that quick reply.

Sadly Seatguru aren't as up to date as they might be.

They still only show one configuration for A380 and Singapore have new layout on some, with upper deck all business.

Thanks anyway, Pam

Is any part of a plane quiet? Especially in economy. Upstairs in the A380 is probably as good as it gets for economy though - just by virtue of there being less people. Folk do congregate at the front and back of the cabin though, as that is the only space they have to stretch their legs. Also, you get the baby's in the front row - as that is where the bassinets points are located.

Have booked flights with Singapore Airlines on the A380 and have paid extra to have 'preferred seating'.

We booked 71H and K, as it was as close to business class as we will ever get!!!

Also, I'd read a post somewhere that the toilets to our left were for business class and were the other side of the curtain and therefore weren't too much of a problem.

Now on Singapores site it shows these same toilets as part of the economy area and I'm wondering if that will make these 'preferred seats' noisy (there are far more people in economy cabin than in business????????????

Cheers Pam

We flew in similar seats last year. To be honest you don't even feel like you are on a bigger plane and your certainly don't feel like you are 'upstairs'

If I recall correctly the toilets for economy were at the rear near the galley. It didn't cause us any problems at all.

I've flown upper deck and remember that people did tend to hang around in the area near your seats. In fact I think I stepped on someone's foot who was in one of them (I apologised profusely!)

From the seating plan it looks as if the WCs are for economy, but it might be worth checking with Singapore via email..

• 2 weeks later...

we paid extra for 'preferred seats' upstairs last year and they were great. can't remember what numbers they were so can't comment on yours, but there were just the two of us in a row with no seats in front of us. they were close to toilets but they weren't a nuisance. I would check your seats (with the check in?) at each stage of the flight however, as we only actually got our booked and paid for seats on the 1st leg of the outward flight. Don't know what happened to the rest and we didn't complain, but was a shame.

Cheers Pam

The 'economy' toilets...

squatting_toilet.jpg

So, I can understand 'the preferred seats'.:laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

• 2 weeks later...
The 'economy' toilets...

squatting_toilet.jpg

So, I can understand 'the preferred seats'.:laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

I understand that 'they' have invented a kind of 'bosun's chair' which you can hook up to the back of the door and you can have all the pleasures of 'sitting' to read one's paper, whilst retaining the obviouis hygienic advantages of this type of loo?

Archived