Adding a baby to a visa application

oidara

Guys just to let you know that it is up to you whether or not to have a chest x ray during your pregnancy, at least after the first trimester. I am 29 weeks and had a chest x ray a few weeks back for my visa. I spoke to a consultant before deciding to go through with it and she advised me that there was virtually no risk at all. The radiologist also on the day said that technology was so different now that there was no exposure for the baby at all. I was happy with my decision.

To be very cynical about it having the choice as to whether to go ahead with the x-ray can allow you to control the pace of your visa application. If you can make the application while still pregnant you can decide whether you want to finalise your application while still pregnant or not. If you do and the timing is right for you you will be able to have your baby in Australia (and he/she will be a citizen from birth if you have a PR visa) or if you can't go over that soon then you can choose not to have an xray during pregnancy and your visa will not be processed until after the birth, so you can add the baby to your application after the birth and still only pay for one visa application.

Best of luck ladies!

Kate

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Please advise if if our visa would be rejected on grounds of medical conditions as my baby was born with Microcornea(congenital disorder). We are processing our 887 visas today, however need some information. I have completed all the conditions for 475 visa, however don't know if baby's medical would be a factor in our visa rejection.

Archived