working holiday visa whilst awaiting 175

dani5

just wondering if anyone has gone over to oz on a working holiday visa whilst awaiting their 175/176 visa to be granted??

we are desperate to get over to Australia and thinking about doing this once our 175 visa application is in.. ! we have no commitments in the UK (e.g. children, mortgage etc) so would just be able to go really once it has been granted.

i know that we have to leave Australia before the 175 visa is granted and then re-enter the country again. How do you know the visa is about to be granted, will they contact you to tell you that you need to leave Oz?

Thank you, much appreciated!! :biggrin:

Many people waiting for offshore visas come on WHVs or temporary subclass 457 work visas and the Case Officers are geared up for it and are very cooperative. If you keep your CO informed regarding the fact that you're onshore in Australia and make sure they can reliably get in touch with you, they will send you a pre-grant letter/email after the visa is approved but before it is granted to give you time to leave the country for a few (5 or so) days - most people nip across to NZ.

Hi, I did something similar came over on a 457 and applied for a 176. My case officer knew about this and gave me enough time to arrange a flight to NZ so I could get my pre grant letter - had a short holiday then came back to Aus. I actually found a new job in Melbourne just before I got my pre grant - which worked out great as I did not have to get sponsored at the new job. Also a trip to NZ is well worth it :)