Anyone here live on the Upper North Shore?

pintpot

Just finalised our bookings for flights etc

We (my wife and I, and our 4 yr old son) are coming to Aus on a 457 visa, flying in on 2 November

I'll be working in Chatswood and we have a serviced apartment there through the company until we can get a rental sorted out. Looking at Wahroonga/Turramurra/St.Ives area for preference

My wife's sister lives in Neutral Bay and we have a few friends in Sydney so it's nice to know we'll not be entirely on our own - but wondered if anyone else here lives in the same sort of area?

Getting excited now - still a million things to do at this end, mind :biggrin:

We (my wife and I, and our 4 yr old son) are coming to Aus on a 457 visa, flying in on 2 November

I'll be working in Chatswood and we have a serviced apartment there through the company until we can get a rental sorted out. Looking at Wahroonga/Turramurra/St.Ives area for preference

My wife's sister lives in Neutral Bay and we have a few friends in Sydney so it's nice to know we'll not be entirely on our own - but wondered if anyone else here lives in the same sort of area?

I live in Wahroonga (on the wrong side of the train line) - what do you wanna know?

Nothin' much - just saying Hi

:-)

Hi to you too! :biggrin:

Did you know Turramurra is one of the wettest suburbs in Sydney? Don't let that put you off though. Its a great area for families to live.

Another cracking day here today. Forecast to be 27 on Saturday.

Good luck with your preparation!:wubclub:

Guest paularobbo

Hi we have just moved to south turramurra husband also works in chatswood! Gets the train in so cuts down on having 2 cars! There is a nice public school and quite alot of pre schools in the area! Anything else u want to know?? U seen any houses? It is very handy for the train wahroonga us also nice

Let me know if you need anything just only 2nd month in the house!

P

Guest sleepysunday

I grew up in Cremorne/Neutral Bay and went to school in Willoughby/Chatswood. I have lived in London for the last 12 years and we move back on Monday with my British husband and my 19 month old. We will likely be on the north shore somewhere if you need any help or want to stay in touch.

Sally

Hi we moved to Oz in April this year with 3 kids - 9, 7 & 3. We lived here 12 years ago int he Eastern suburbs and before we came out again we thought that we would be living in the East. Decided not too - we now live in west Pymble - alot more space for the same money in the East. People out here have really made us feel welcome. My hubbie gets the train into Circular Quay each morning and I work in North Ryde. Upper Northern Shore is great place.....

My family and I (wife and two boys 1 and 3) have just relocated (been here 3 weeks so far) we've been staying in Chatswood until now and liked it a lot, after much searching we have found a house in Pymble and are moving in on Thursday and would be keen to meet up and help out/share experiences etc.

Kirk

Guest paularobbo

hi kirk,

we also lived out of chatswood before moving up to turramurra (just next to pymble) if your wife need anything wants to chat please get her to contact me i am only down the road.

i send my daughter to a really lovely pre school in pymble.

paula

Thanks guys

More than I thought! Kids aren't miles away from our boy's age either - will get in touch and hope we can meet up when we land in November :-)

Any of you (or other halves) work in the construction industry? Chatswood seems to be a bit of a hub for head offices of the big firms

Cheers

Guest Sunshine7

Hi, my husband may also be working in Chatswood (!) and we are in Sydney this week having a look around before final decisions are made. I've spent the last few days looking at schools and suburbs with a relocation company. Although I can see the advantages of living on the north shore with the train line and saw some lovely properties I thought I may feel a bit isolated if it takes a while to get a job myself. I liked the Lane Cove area and the Northern Beaches although we've had mixed advice on the viability of the journey to Chatswood over the Spit Bridge.

I really liked Redlands as a school for my boys so again that confines choices of where to live and Mosman would be too expensive!

Good look with your decisions. There is so much to consider!

Hi Sunshine, see from your other posts that your husband is in the same profession as me, PM sent ;-)

We looked at Lane Cove and I quite liked it, my wife wasn't so keen. She liked the wider streets and quieter areas in the Upper North Shore more. Also we'd like to get our son into Sydney Grammar if possible in 2013, which means we need to be in a sensible driving distance from St.Ives

To get to Chatswood from the Northern Beaches you can usually get there much easier using the Warringah Rd from French's Forest area rather than coming across the Spit Bridge - it's still a fairly busy drive though. We did consider living up there but one drive back down Pittwater Rd into town at 5:30 in the afternoon looking at the traffic coming the other way soon changed our minds.....part of going to Sydney for us is to cut down on my current 75 minute e/w commute, so no way I'm doing that again

Good luck in your reccie, if Relocations Australia are taking you round, say Hi to Ros from me :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

So we arrived last week and just signed up on a lease on a house in Wahroonga today. Right at the top of our budget but it is very nice - and just round the corner from the Bush School, which is dead handy as our son will be starting school in January

Hope to catch up with some of you sometime :-)

So we arrived last week and just signed up on a lease on a house in Wahroonga today. Right at the top of our budget but it is very nice - and just round the corner from the Bush School, which is dead handy as our son will be starting school in January

Hope to catch up with some of you sometime :-)

Welcome! You are on the right side of the train line. Have you got to the Connabarra Cafe yet?