Do we have to get off in Munich (manchester to Singapore)

Guest Pixie10

Guest Pixie10

Booked flights- woooo!!

Going from Manchester to Munich then on to Singapore then Adelaide!! Just wondered do we stay on plane when at Munich? Only there for 1 hour 10 and its same plane/flight number so not sure if we will need to get off or not?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TCASAlert

You don't need to get off. We did the same last time via ZRH (and OH did the same via FRA a few years prior to this), you have to stay on the aircraft while they take on new pax for the MUC-SIN sector. Some people got off despite the crew specifically advising pax to stay on, which delayed our departure as they had to load on more pax.

We're going from LHR for exactly this reason, plus we get the A380 :cool:

You don't need to get off. We did the same last time via ZRH (and OH did the same via FRA a few years prior to this), you have to stay on the aircraft while they take on new pax for the MUC-SIN sector. Some people got off despite the crew specifically advising pax to stay on, which delayed our departure as they had to load on more pax.

We're going from LHR for exactly this reason, plus we get the A380 :cool:

I agree, the short layover in Munich put us off last year and so we tried the A380 from Heathrow BUT a) you cant tell that you are even on a double decker plane and b) Heathrow is such a vile airport that we would rather have the inconvenience of putting down in Munich.

Its all a question of preference but I now know which way I would rather go!

Happy travels!

Val

• 3 weeks later...
You get off.....I just did! On my way to Melbourne as we speak....scary stuff !!!!!

Hey Chris, thanks for letting me know - hope the rest of your journey goes without any problems. 7 more weeks for us till we get some sunshine. Still glad we chose that route rather than Heathrow even if we do have to get off.

regards Val