Nice suburbs in Perth ???

lynne1266

Hi,

We have just been approved for a 457 visa and until last week my OH had been told that his branch would be in Melbourne, we then had an email asking if he would like to go to Perth instead which we are really happy about.

Our problem is we have spent so long looking at Melbourne suburbs we don't know anything about suburbs in Perth !!!!

My OH will be working in Booragoon, we don't mind being 30-40mins away but we have no idea where to look ! also I quite like the look of NOR but not sure what the traffic would be like to get SOR in peak times.

Any advise/help would be great !!!!

Lynne x

We used to live in Leeming which was lovely .. and i would again .. also look at Melville, Canning vale, Southern River , Rossmoyne , willeton , ( all very easy for travelling !) there are some great suburbs nr there and also you could head towards the hills if that takes your fancy ..http://www.australiansuburbs.com.au/Perth have a look at this website , its good for post codes and a look at whats where :) I have to agree with Brammie , id not want to go north to south or visa versa in the am if i could help it though people do .

• 2 weeks later...

Booragoon itself is nice too :biggrin:

You've got great links into the city or to Freo, some lovely parks and a really good shopping mall in Garden City. Booragoon Primary is supposed to be a good school and is in catchment for Applecross High School which is one of the best state senior schools in Perth. There's some lovely river beaches to enjoy at Bicton Baths and Point Walter too.

We live in Winthrop which is the next suburb and love living in the City of Melville. Always lots going on!

DH works in Floreat, My twins both work in Canning Vale and my older daughter works in Freo...we find it very central for everything we need.

Archived