Airbus A380 or Boeing 777?

cartertucker

Guest Karen and Colin

We went last year with Qantas and out on the 777 & returning on the A380. The A380 is a lot quieter but we didn't like the type of seats on the Qantas A380.

We have booked our flights with Singapore on the A380 for our one way journey early Nov. It's all about the destination now!!

I'm sure both will be great.

Guest Mystery^Customer1974

We were on a Boeing 777 from Manchester to Singapore great flight nice comfortable plane and again a 777 from Singapore to Perth

Bit jealous at not having been on an A380 to be honest but I expect that they are probably very good.

Well, they both have suitable flight times, but the problem are the seats...They are already so booked that im struggling to have us sitting together :huh:

How about changing flight day. How far in advance are you booking?

We went last year with Qantas and out on the 777 & returning on the A380. The A380 is a lot quieter but we didn't like the type of seats on the Qantas A380.

We have booked our flights with Singapore on the A380 for our one way journey early Nov. It's all about the destination now!!

I'm sure both will be great.

Exactly. As long as you get from A to B that is all that matters! :)

How about changing flight day. How far in advance are you booking?

Thanks, have tried that....What a pain the booking system is too, you have to input all passenger details each time you want to check another flight! :wacko: Its taking ages!

We are booking for November, so im not suprised they are pretty full really :embarrassed:

Exactly. As long as you get from A to B that is all that matters! :)

I really wouldnt mind where I sit, but I will be 6 and a half months pregnant, with a 11 month old & would ideally like Husband to sit with me, to help out a little! :wacko:

But also have a 8 & 18 year old.....Am thinking they may have to sit on there own together a few rows back....Not ideal, but not much choice :laugh:

I used kayak when looking for flights. You still may have that problem of having to input the same old stuff. Moneysupermarket are good. Would it be worth a call to singapore airlines and explain the situation,find out the info ie seats together and when. It maybe worth a try?! :)

Everyone's trying to escape the winter blues no doubt.

Thanks, have tried that....What a pain the booking system is too, you have to input all passenger details each time you want to check another flight! :wacko: Its taking ages!

We are booking for November, so im not suprised they are pretty full really :embarrassed:

I would love to fly with my kids sat elsewhere! Bad mother or what eh?!?!

I used kayak when looking for flights. You still may have that problem of having to input the same old stuff. Moneysupermarket are good. Would it be worth a call to singapore airlines and explain the situation,find out the info ie seats together and when. It maybe worth a try?! :)

Everyone's trying to escape the winter blues no doubt.

Great minds clearly :wink:~ I have tried ringing Singapore Airlines, but they dont have the facility to check on seats! :shocked: Crazy hey!

Guest liltman
Great minds clearly :wink:~ I have tried ringing Singapore Airlines, but they dont have the facility to check on seats! :shocked: Crazy hey!

Hi cartertucker... Have you tried emailing them..... :biggrin: I'm travelling on my own and mailed them and asked for more luggage allowance and to call me to which they did. A lady from Singapore rang, asked what my problems were and resolved them there and then. I also joined their Kris Flyer as well which may come in handy...... Try and you may get what you require... :wink:

Guest Karen and Colin

We booked our seats online using the Manage my booking tab. You have to input your surname and 6 letter Singapore reference (sorry if you have already tried this) we found it really easy and you can also put any special meal reqests in at that point also if you have any. We are flying on the 7th November is anyone else going that day?

Crazy,makes no sense?!?

Break the bank and go business class - then it does not matter which plane you fly on.

Are you paying? :wink:

The only one of our family going business class is the Satchdog - or at least the fare is akin to business class, she just doesn't get the movies, wine or meals...

we've just done the journey on the Airbus and it was great. call SA and get them to do the donkey work checking flights, times etc. and booking for you....plus they should be able to arrange bulkhead seats for you if you request a bassinet for your wee one - our youngest is 20 months and slept in the bassinet - freeing up hands and space for even more comfort.....good luck :)

Hi there, we flew with Singapore Airlines to Australia, I wouldn't hesitate flying on the A380, it's so quiet, when we flew we booked our economy seats on the upper deck, there were 12 rows of economy, it felt like 1st class so so quiet and relaxing, the toilets were always free as well, the noise is so much quieter than the boing 777, the plane seems to feel so ancient after flying on the A380, on the upstairs the seating configuration is 2-4-2, that didn't bother me at all, hubby sat on an idle seat which was fine. Downstairs the seat configuration is 3-4-3, much more hustle & buss, hope this helps.

if the 777 doesn't have touch screens, then go for that one. I just came over to the UK on the A380-800 and whoever decided to put touchscreens in the back of the seats needs to be shot! Can you imagine 24 hours of someone jabbing you in the back of the head?!!

Archived