note book,net book and lap top

tonyman

Notebook = laptop, the two terms are essentially interchangeable. A full featured computer, either PC or Mac (usually the former) with hard drive, CD/DVD drive, "full size" keyboard, usually a 15.6" or 17" screen, etc. Suitable for most computing applications

Netbook = a smaller, lighter item with no optical (CD/DVD drive), smaller (usually 10.1 or 12") screen, smaller keyboard, smaller hard drive, less memory, less powerful processor, shorter battery life (although not having an optical drive and having a less powerful processor reduces the power requirements) etc. But much more portable and cheaper. Suitable for web browsing and simpler applications for which power and a big screen aren't needed - so not graphics heavy stuff or games

so a note book has no dvd drive / not able to play a disc ect not really worth buying for a 11 yr old that will eventually be wanting to explore the net , she will have access to a laptop at yrs 7 24/7 prodomanantly for school work ,in yrs 8 they can bring them home ect , i phoned the it guy up today at the high school they will be moving onto ,as im about to buy my eldest her own laptop , the school do charge us so much over the terms for use of the laptop and soft ware ect about $1200 but i will confirm that as i cant find the letter ....basically is it worth me buying my 11 yr old her own laptop now ......which she so much wants .....even though her next school will provide one though we pay for the priverlage and it wont come home till 2013.........she is doing all her net stuff on her ipod , is that surfficient for a 12 yr old or do we move with the times ...........bear in mind we have 5 children and all have big beaks ........

so a note book has no dvd drive / not able to play a disc ect not really worth buying for a 11 yr old that will eventually be wanting to explore the net , she will have access to a laptop at yrs 7 24/7 prodomanantly for school work ,in yrs 8 they can bring them home ect , i phoned the it guy up today at the high school they will be moving onto ,as im about to buy my eldest her own laptop , the school do charge us so much over the terms for use of the laptop and soft ware ect about $1200 but i will confirm that as i cant find the letter ....basically is it worth me buying my 11 yr old her own laptop now ......which she so much wants .....even though her next school will provide one though we pay for the priverlage and it wont come home till 2013.........she is doing all her net stuff on her ipod , is that surfficient for a 12 yr old or do we move with the times ...........bear in mind we have 5 children and all have big beaks ........

a notebook with a usb port will be able to use an external cd/dvd drive......dont cost much......over here anyway......our daughter (11) got one for xmas last year with intentions of being able to use it for secondary school............