Where to buy TomTom with Oz maps?

lara24

We are heading to Perth on a reccie soon and it seems daft to spend $100-$200 to rent a satnav when we expect to move next year. Where have people bought their satnav's with Australian maps. Happy to buy in the UK, flying through Dubai so could get duty free if that is an option or pick one up once we get there. Ideally if we were buying once in Australia it would be in the airport before picking up the hired car.......

What have people found the easiest, most practical and obviously the cheapest.

Thanks in advance.

Lara

I just downloaded the Australian maps onto my TomTom from here before we went to Australia last time - can't remember how much it cost, but cheaper than buying a new one there

Guest jeanettetlw

what i did before i last went was to buy a navman sat nav and then you can buy maps for any country on sd cards for about £35 on ebay hope this helps

As jtrd has said, I just downloaded the Australian map onto my already owned Tom Tom and went from there, the maps are all availiable on the Tom Tom website. I have also found the best prices are on Amazon for the sat nav unit.

Guest thesalmons

Hi Guys, I have a Tom Tom One sat nav and would like to download Australia map via the Tom Tom website as a couple of you have done.

One question though....Once you have downloaded the Aus map does it delete the UK one? or does it keep it as well?

Cheers

Sorry, should have probably said we do not have a satnav in the UK (no need) so thought it would make sense to buy one with Oz maps rather than waste money buying a UK one that we don't need then pay extra for new maps.......

Hi Guys, I have a Tom Tom One sat nav and would like to download Australia map via the Tom Tom website as a couple of you have done.

One question though....Once you have downloaded the Aus map does it delete the UK one? or does it keep it as well?

Cheers

No, your UK maps will remain safely on your Tom Tom and you can use both.

Metoo

Sorry, should have probably said we do not have a satnav in the UK (no need) so thought it would make sense to buy one with Oz maps rather than waste money buying a UK one that we don't need then pay extra for new maps.......

I'd check the prices, but my guess is it would still be cheaper to buy here and download the maps

We bought one for my brother from the good guys as a present for lending us his car. It was a pretty good deal.

This should give you an idea.

Just out of interest - how does the post code search work in Oz, as the postcodes are massive?

http://www.thegoodguys.com.au/joondalup/store/CategoryNavigate?keyword=&ip_navtype=browse&catName=Phones+%26+Navigation&parent_category_rn=109287&searchKeywords=&exposureCategory=99999&subCatName=Navigation&categoryId=109845&searchCategory=109845

Archived