What to do with Motorbike

Troy&Kim

Hi PIO,

I don't know what to do with my motorbike. I've had it for sale for over a month and it's still not sold. We fly out in 2 months time and I really don't want to sell it for peanuts. People want things for nothing.

I've had a look at the same sort of Bike in Aus, Honda VFR V-tec 04 plate, and the average about $8000 for the same bike.

I've got it for sale here at £3500 and still can't sell. Shipping alone will cost £1000 without all the other expenses that come with it.

Really don't know whats best to be honest, any sugestions.

Troy:arghh:

Guest gem and si

Hi Troy,

I had a very similar problem as you....What I did I went with a dealer that would be willing to keep the bike in there showroom and sell it for you...They take there little cut obviously but you dont have to accept peanuts mate!....just an idea :-)

Hi Troy.

I cant really help with your dilemma, but as you have probably already realized, bringing vehicles over is often not worth the cost & hassle but I do think £1000 seems very high for just shipping costs.

Do you have any mates that are fellow riders as well that would be prepared to sell it for you if you havent sold it by the time you leave?

If its any consolation, when looking at vehicle prices here over the net, take 10% off the asking price straight away. Cars & bikes are not selling as well as a couple of years ago, so its definitely a buyers market at the moment.

Hi PIO,

I don't know what to do with my motorbike. I've had it for sale for over a month and it's still not sold. We fly out in 2 months time and I really don't want to sell it for peanuts. People want things for nothing.

Whatever you think it's worth, the market doesn't seem to agree with you - things are only worth what someone else is prepared to pay for them and if no one is prepared to pay £3500, it's not worth £3500. Harsh but true I'm afraid

As August becomes September and then October, it will only get harder to sell, and be causing you stress as well. So bite the bullet and drop the price, or auction it on ebay, or sell it to a dealer. Either way you'll probably have to re-orientate your expectations and "lose" a few hundred, but in the scheme of things does that make that much difference?

Good luck

I have to agree, check out autotrader and see what the same vehicles are going for in yout area. No matter if you want 3500 pounds you won't get it if your asking too much.

In Australia, vehicle prices are a lot more expencive, not sure why, but just is, it's something you are going to have to put up with