A couple of questions regarding the 176 visa

Guest PaulBrooke

Guest PaulBrooke

Hi I'm new to the site so please go easy with me.....

I'm looking to moving to Australia in the near future and been in touch with a few migration agents via the internet (that provide a free assessment)

They have all come back to advise I'm eligible to migrate on a 176 visa. - I think I want some impartial advise before I part with my hard earned money

I'm 31 married with 2 young children. I've worked as an IT helpdesk engineer (On skills list as 313112 ICT customer support officer) for around 7 years and have relevant qualifications in this field. My job is currently listed on the skilled list for only ACT (Canberra) and they say I should get a points score of 70 (pass mark 65)

Could anyone advise me if I was to make the move what are the chances of me getting a job in Canberra as I've had a look via job sites and most of them state 'Australian Citizens Only' and security clearance required

I know people say Canberra is boring etc etc but this is the only state willing to sponsor me.... We would prefer to move to another part but I suppose I'm just happy someone wants me

I moved out to Perth, WA with my now ex-wife 6 years ago and found work easy but unsure to make the move if I'm going to struggle to find work.

Any advice would be fantastic thanks for your help

Hi I'm new to the site so please go easy with me.....

I'm looking to moving to Australia in the near future and been in touch with a few migration agents via the internet (that provide a free assessment)

They have all come back to advise I'm eligible to migrate on a 176 visa. - I think I want some impartial advise before I part with my hard earned money

I'm 31 married with 2 young children. I've worked as an IT helpdesk engineer (On skills list as 313112 ICT customer support officer) for around 7 years and have relevant qualifications in this field. My job is currently listed on the skilled list for only ACT (Canberra) and they say I should get a points score of 70 (pass mark 65)

Could anyone advise me if I was to make the move what are the chances of me getting a job in Canberra as I've had a look via job sites and most of them state 'Australian Citizens Only' and security clearance required

I know people say Canberra is boring etc etc but this is the only state willing to sponsor me.... We would prefer to move to another part but I suppose I'm just happy someone wants me

I moved out to Perth, WA with my now ex-wife 6 years ago and found work easy but unsure to make the move if I'm going to struggle to find work.

Any advice would be fantastic thanks for your help

The issue is that a lot of the states are currently reviewing and may release an updated list at some point Sept/Oct i think. Other states may open their doors to other IT occupations. Does your skills match with any other occupation?

In my case I got my skills done, got accepted by SA and lodged my application. While waiting for the Visa I am searching for a job hoping to settle down with a job as soon as I get there

Just checking but as it was a temp visa it won't help apart from maybe being able to claim points for oz work experience.

A lot of the jobs in ACT will be government posts hence the requirement for citizenship. But not all of the IT jobs will be govt related surely. It can be hard to get a job sorted when you are not in the country - so most go in hope!

Archived