School problems???

paulswin

Hi can anyone tell me have they heard of a school that is a self disciplin school?? Short story a friend of mine has a son in school who is 12 and has been bullied bruises on arm etc etc and the school is'nt doing alot about it they say we're a self disciplin school whatever that means?? Also what is the average price per year for a private school roughlyish!!!!! She lives in Success so am kinda getting worried if theres alot of trouble in most public schools over there. If anyone can let me know which schools to steer clear of please pm me!!!!!

Going private won't necessarily mean no bullying i'm afraid and not all public schools do nothing about bullying. Go into choosing a school just as you would in the UK - ask them about anti-bullying policy before you decide

Guest JK2510

I have heard stories about primary school aged kids knowing the name of the local drug dealer?!?! A public school but in a lovely area in the northern suburbs!

I agree with Ali! Private schools don't mean you will be protected by all the troubles that go with being a youth in today's world!

I sent my children to a christian high school which meant that the fees were not as high as the non denominational ones.

Children are still bullied if that is what you call it to some extent but a lot of it is growing up and sorting out the pack I believe. If a child is physically bullied then something needs to be done about it. However having two teachers in the family they tell me its often very difficult to deal with, yes its going on but no, they have not seen it and as they are dealing with a bully no-one else has either.

At my son' s school where he teaches now they sit the parties down and they discuss it and the bully is made to feel what the victim feels etc all that restorative stuff and it works with some.

Teachers are not allowed to intervene or touch a child at all cannot even let them have a panadol these days as the schools insurance is not to be utilised in any way. Also parents these days are always looking to sue for the slightest misdemeanor so what happens, parents demand action but what action, if the teacher does he may be sued if he does not he is maligned.

This has all come about since darling Jack and darling Jill appeared. In my day we would not have dared, book thrown, detention punishment and it worked and it did not make me into a psycho (some of my friends may dispute that:laugh:).

As we can see from the riots some young people are out of control and the schools cannot fix it. Unfortunately with the young knowing what they can get away with and getting away with it not much hope for children at school avoiding bullying if they are easily wound up.

Archived