list of hospitals in hunter new england nsw

yumimumi

hi

we will be landing in sydney mid october, and hopefully i will have my ahpra through by then.

thought i should take the bull by the horns and start applying for midwifery posts.

wondered what public/private hospitals there are locally or within say a 30 minute drive from Thornton NSW which is in the Hunter New England region

can any one help please and give me any names.

many thanks nicola

wondered what public/private hospitals there are locally or within say a 30 minute drive from Thornton NSW which is in the Hunter New England region

Hi Nicola,

I just wanted to clarify that the Hunter and New England are 2 separate regions in NSW (though maybe combined for admin purposes in the Health Department).

The Hunter Valley is the area from Newcastle inland towards Maitland etc.

New England is a large rural area to the north of the Hunter which stretches as far as the Queensland border (Armidale, Glen Innes, Inverell etc.)

Thornton is a suburb of Maitland so do a search around there.

The greatest density of hospitals would be in Newcastle but a local would have to give you advice about commuting from Thornton to Newcastle.

Hi

Im from Newcastle originally so Im going to try and rattlle off the hospitals around Thornton. I do know this is where they advertise their jobs: http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/jobs/index.asp

So,,you have the main one John Hunter Hosp in Newcastle along with Mater Hospital in Waratah and The Royal Newcastle. Then there is Cessnock Hospital, umm I think there is Maitland Hospital and Belmont Hospital in Lake Macquarie

and yes HNEAH is what all the hospitals in the Hunter fall under. My mum works at the John Hunter Hosp..like most other people in Newcastle (the hospital and the uni are the 2 major employers in the region).

There are probably more...but these should help you get started. Good Luck

Archived