Does voluntary redundancy affect application for a 176 Visa?

Guest Youngs2

Guest Youngs2

Hi,

I'm looking to apply for a 176 Visa ACT sponsored. I have been told I qualify and I am looking around for agents and in forums like this for advice. My main query is I have been offered voluntary redundancy and by taking it what impact, if any, would there be on my application?

In terms of timing my last day in the office would be 31st October, but I would be placed on 3 months gardening leave - so i guess technically it would be 31st January. I don't have to take the package now but it would make the move to Australia possible financially and I don't know if I would be offered the redundancy package again in the future.

Help!

Stuart

None at all, unless you then didn't apply for your visa for another 13 odd months and didn't get another job in the meantime - as long as you still qualify for the 'worked 12 months in the last 24 months' requirement, you are laughing - imho voluntary redundancy is a blessing and a good omen to go to Oz, giving you cash to make the move and time off to arrange things. *jealous*

Guest Youngs2

Thanks for that positivepixie. Could i also ask did you use a migration agent or did you manage it yourself. I'd be looking at a 176 ACT sponsored visa.

We're not using a migration agent (have a look on our blog to track our progress etc), and to be honest, its a walk in the park. However, we are just a married couple with no children (no previous marriages/children or anything as well), no criminal dealings at all, no health issues (hopefully! lol), I'm a teacher (the sponsor for the 176 with SA) so its all pretty straightforward really for us. I'd say if you don't have any issues then its very easy to do yourself. If you have any issues though it can be helpful for an agent to guide you through - you still have to get all the paperwork together yourself if you are using an agent anyway, so imho you might as well just fill in the forms and do the (minimal) legwork if you are a straightforward case than pay the extra for an agent to do it for you.

Must stress - if you have *any* little issuette things, then an agent can be worth their weight in gold.

Archived