The Best Pie

Guest The Pom Queen

'I don't want to be a pie....I don't like gravy' :P

:no::policeman:I have gravy whenever i can,roast dinner obviously,on chips,sausage and mash ,toad in the hole etc,even have it on chicken fried rice......dont knock it till yer try it!:mad::laugh:

One of the first things I like to eat when I get to my sisters in Brighton - qld us from a bakery up the road called mongs I think and it's a peppered steak pie, it is sooooo good! Seems gross eating it for brekkie but we r still on UK time at that point so it's more like dinner mmmmmmm

---

- Hoping for a move to oz in the coming year or two.......hoping not three!

Guest guest37336

Used to do a fairly good steak and kidney pie in my local butchers.:yes:

Then it changed hands and they started to make them with short crust pastry,:shocked::shocked::no::no:

No, no, no, HAS TO BE PUFF or SUET pastry for a decent steak and kidney, bugger all these new fangled recipes,:nah:.

Bring back decent pies, and you know what you are eating, ears, offal, hooves, eyes, at least they TASTE of something. Baa humbug to the 'fitness and cholesterol' police, I want a 'real' pie.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Cant get it CJ? in the chippy yer mean? ive worked down south loads of times but never bothered with the chippys tbh

Not seen it once mate, don't even really see many chippies round this way, just the fried chicken/kebab joints :eek:

Grew up in Birkenhead, can't get used to these southern ways! :biggrin:

Not seen it once mate, don't even really see many chippies round this way, just the fried chicken/kebab joints :eek:

Not sure where your 'down south' is but I'm in south London and there r plenty of chippies around here! Chips and gravy is a northern thing sadly and isn't readily available here.

---

You'l have to move near munch to saaarf london by the sounds of it mate,im glad southerners dont worship at the gravy altar,the gravy mine resources arent sustainable if north AND south worship:wink:........and more for us:jiggy:

You'l have to move near munch to saaarf london by the sounds of it mate,im glad southerners dont worship at the gravy altar,the gravy mine resources arent sustainable if north AND south worship:wink:........and more for us:jiggy:

I do like chips n gravy so have when I visit scouseland sometimes, I like them with curry sauce too

---

Guest Bazinga

My husband used to live in Streatham and one of the best chippies I've ever been to is there. We are in North London now, def a dying breed!

SeaCow in East Dulwich is amazing too.

I want a proper pie dish so I can make my own. Love a bit of cooking.

I can't believe you can't get chips and gravy down South :(

:laugh: Nuts innit Kate!,awwww i tell yer:goofy::wideeyed:!their missing out bigtime by the sounds of it mrs,MUST be able to get chips and gravy in London tho???!!:unsure:maybe just not a NORMAL thing,but im sure there must be chippys down south that sell chips and gravy,and a pie or sausage dinner:notworthy:

Guest siamsusie
:laugh: Nuts innit Kate!,awwww i tell yer:goofy::wideeyed:!their missing out bigtime by the sounds of it mrs,MUST be able to get chips and gravy in London tho???!!:unsure:maybe just not a NORMAL thing,but im sure there must be chippys down south that sell chips and gravy,and a pie or sausage dinner:notworthy:

La frites avec "Jus" Pabs down sarf come on man cop on:mad::biggrin:

Im still in the UK and have a bit of a thing for pieminster pies in particular one named the matador! Beef,chorizo, tomato, red wine, butter beans.......yum yum yum!

They are totally lush!

:notworthy:

But as I like to bake I like my own chicken and bacon if im making savoury! But if im doing a sweet pie, its got to be pumkin yum I make it every halloween:jiggy: