The Best Pie

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

So they say Aussies love their pies and I wondered what your favourite pie is?

In the UK I use to love Hollands Pork Pies, over here I think the best pie has been in Cairns the Bushmans Pie. I love their steak, pea and potato pie.

Guest The Pom Queen
In the land I am soon to be formerly from, pies are only sweet. That being said my favorite is Pecan Pie. It's kind of a custard with pecans in it. Oh so delicious.

Sounds delicious :wubclub:

Guest guest37336

Dead common me, MRS MAC'S STEAK AND CHEESE,:notworthy::notworthy:

But it has to be hot enough for the cheese to give you first degree burns to the roof of your mouth, and eaten with a strong cup of tea,:notworthy::notworthy:

Have yet to find a pie in the UK (prepackaged) that comes anywhere near them.:no:

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Guest guest37336

I would have also mentioned the famous 'Floater' nice enough, but I happened to have my first one when my eldest (at the time) was being toilet trained, somehow put me off very slightly.:confused:

Guest Sir Les Patterson
over here I think the best pie has been in Cairns the Bushmans Pie.

Bushman's aren't bad but nothing beats Mocka's Pies at Port Douglas

Guest Guest 47403
Balti pies from Walsall Football club on a match day.

Got to agree balti pies are lovely, not sure about your taste in football though Colin :biggrin:

Guest Guest31881
Got to agree balti pies are lovely, not sure about your taste in football though Colin :biggrin:

Actually i used to get paid to watch the match as they needed ambulance cover for the games, So it could be , Walsall, Wolves, WBA and occasionally Villa and B'ham city. Just depended who was playing at home, :biggrin:

Also Covered Wolves race course as well, but their pies were not good LOL

Guest Guest16631

...................the best pie's a homemade pie...................you know exactly whats in it..............a monday pie..................sundays left over veg and meat ....................rough chopped..............gravy and topped with a suet crust [meat].............or puff pastry [chicken].................or a melton mowbray pork pie.....!

Guest Guest 47403
Actually i used to get paid to watch the match as they needed ambulance cover for the games, So it could be , Walsall, Wolves, WBA and occasionally Villa and B'ham city. Just depended who was playing at home, :biggrin:

Also Covered Wolves race course as well, but their pies were not good LOL

Paid to watch the Villa my idea of heaven, think I'd have pulled a sickie if the asked me to watch Birmingham though!

Guest sh7t man no way

what about home made pies--lesley does a luverly steak/ale pie--best in the world--gee i must be getting old i remember me mums,and grans pies--all made to order chicken/steak/mince--you could put almost anything in them yummy--does anyone bake pies thesedays if so how about a few recipes:yes:

Guest Bazinga

We had a few on a road trip from central coast up to Burleigh Hrads QLD & a few central coast down to Canberra.

Fredos in Kempsey were special. Crocodile I think! Had some in Berry that were also lovely. Any one like pukka pies??! When I was a kid used to have them from the local chippy on a sat. Luvverly.

Love a pork pie too