children not migrating do u still have to put on?

joyjoy

Children not migrating do they still have to have a medical ? I'm applying for defacto 309-100 & some of these forms are confusing :0l it says write em down if there over 18 if they migrating or not mine are below 18 ? Quite worried about it as I have 3 kids & medical for each would cost :0l what's the point if there not migrating :0 hope some1 on here knows about this as its worrying, thanks in advance

Joy :0)x

Guest siamsusie

Hi JoyJoy,

I believe the children are asked to have medicals, just in case they would like to come to Australia.. Other members that have been down this route will give you a clearer picture than I.

I do believe that if the children or their guardian refuses for them to have medicals, then a stat dec will have to be done outlining the circumstances etc for DIAC.

You should receive some good replies on this question.

Susie x

Guest Guest31881

Hi, non migrating children do need a medical, however quite often they refuse or the parent they live with refuses the medical, If this happens you have to prove you tried to get a medical and that the other parent refused. A stat Dec is often used for this. A letter from the other parent saying they will not allow the kids to have medicals would be useful as well, if possible.

Guest siamsusie
I hope so thanks hun its the not knowing its driving me up wall lol & I ain't even sent it all in yet :0l just getting all the info & proof etc in b4 sending x

Yes see srp's post above, dont worry, many members have been through this and its sortable.:hug:

Just seems a bit daft putting kids through medicals if there not going just looks like another way of getting more money would cost another 600 :0l my 16 yr old lad would have a right mardi on if I told him he'd have to have medical even tho he ain't going lol as 4 there dad he's a ex which don't like doing anything for me so this could still be a problem :0l

Guest Guest31881

if you have a problem ask a solicitor to write to your ex asking permission for them to have a medical, if he does not reply or says no, then you have a solicitor who can verify that you r tried your best. its not really a problem, just a bit of a nuisance

Just seems a bit daft putting kids through medicals if there not going just looks like another way of getting more money would cost another 600 :0l my 16 yr old lad would have a right mardi on if I told him he'd have to have medical even tho he ain't going lol as 4 there dad he's a ex which don't like doing anything for me so this could still be a problem :0l

There is a method in the madness. Say you applied for the 309 visa claiming your kids weren't coming - in the knowledge that one of them had a health issue that would otherwise prevent them from passing the medical.

Once you eventually had permanent residency you would be able to apply for a child visa, which has a health waiver allowing your child with the medical issue to also become a permanent resident, without needing to go through a medical.

By making all your children do their medicals upfront, DIAC is protecting itself from this loophole. Hope this helps...

Guest Guest31881
We are on the same boat, my Oh is leaving his son behind. He lives with his mother who pays for all his food etc so he is not my OH dependent - do you think he will need a medical..... So confusing!!!! B

Hi,

it is exactly the same situation, the fact your OH does not treat as a dependent does not matter it is still his son and comes under the same rules.

We are on the same boat, my Oh is leaving his son behind. He lives with his mother who pays for all his food etc so he is not my OH dependent - do you think he will need a medical..... So confusing!!!! B

yes, your stepson will be required to undertake a medical. For the reason I gave in my post above.

How about my oldest hasnt seen his dad for 16yrs csa have tried finding him solicitors even his family but he's changed his name apparantly and moved, big sigh with all of it sorry to those that have posted its just stressing me so much with the whole situation all I want is to be with my other half in oz & everytime I get excited about going a problem arises :0l I'm dreading the waiting game when I've actually applied reading the 404 pages of every1 getting different times for processing

Archived