Canberra BBQ and Picnic @ Tidbinbilla 2/10/11

nik_kershaw

Guest ClaireBrown

Hi guys,

We're (myself, husband, 8yr old daughter and 2yr old son) also planning to go. I've been off the forum a while but have met up with a couple people from here who reminded me it was on so we're looking forward to meeting lots of people tomorrow :-) Lets hope the rain gets over and done with tonight, cos how do we plan keeping 2yr olds away from the play area? LOL

See you there!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies for not making it today. I had intended on going but by the time I'd finish all the stuff I had to do it was running late.

Would have liked to have met everyone again and the newcomers. Hope you enjoyed and looking forward to the next one.

Mike.

Thank you to everyone who were able to make it today, it stayed dry enough for the BBQ dispite rain forcast.

Think the kids enjoyed it, I know mine did. There has been talk about the next one being the first weekend in Nov/last weekend in Oct. I'll put something up on here about it in the comming week plus a map etc.

I may not be able to join you as our 2nd child is due to enter the world around that time.

Next time as we'll be meeting in a public place again rather than a pub, if you are intending to go an own a UK style sports top, please wear it and then everyone will know who's a pom and who isn't so that we all meet at the same BBQ area.

Once again thank you for all comming along and for thoses who haven't been to Tidbinbilla before I hope you enjoyed it and got a season pass as I renewed mine

Guest SoloRenegade

Hi All,

Thanks for having the newbies along today (I was with ClaireBrown aka Claire Brown). If I did not get around to introducing myself to you I do apologise. Lots of new faces etc :-) but I'm better known as Tim.

It was great to meet and chat with you... I'll try to find some time to become a bit more active on here... I think I've been missing out :-)

Having been here a year already I have learnt a lot but still have plenty to learn.

Have a good week all

It was indeed a really good afternoon and it was good to put some faces to names etc :) everyone made us newbies feel really welcome we've certainly made some good friends I think.

Already looking forward to the next one and yes Mr K the location was awesome and I did indeed purchase a yearly pass :)

Apologies for not making it. We moved house again so were up to our eyes in boxes and packing paper. Aargh - this is the last time for a long while. Hope to make it next time but if its 30th I can't as am organising Catholic Primary Schools Netball Carnival that day.

Glad you all had good time tho.