Hi Newbie, just back from expo show in York (confused)

steteevic

:err:Hi everyone, firstly can I say what a wonderful site this is, loads of info and friendly people, been reading everything I can for the last few weeks, does, donts, maybe's, you name it its all here, completely invaluable, Thank you all.

anyway jst been to the OZ expo in York, (marvalous) left there feeling more hopeful than when we went in, thing is OH Me and our young un would love to move and make a new life for ourselves in OZ (who doesn't) only problem OH or me for that matter doesn't have any qualifications to say we can do this that and the other, OH is currently warehouse manager, distribution & logistic's and has been doin same job for the last fifteen years, working his way up, one agent that did catch our eye at the show company called

WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS said they would sponser us and could possible get us out there in a matter six months on a subclass 475 visa, Happy days me thinks, and that it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, all sound to good to be true, the guy we chatted to was great, and Im sure everything is fine, just wonderin if anyone else has been sucsseful with this route, Im sorry to be rambling on, I have got loads and loads Questions to ask, I will take my time, it seems everyone tryin to get to OZ has to be patient and get used to the waiting game, thanks again any advice would be more than welcome, cheers Steteevic x:notworthy:

Guest Angela Dixon

Hi there we are going to an expo in october in manchester i can't wait. We are desperate to emigrate to oz and a job offer and sponsership seems to be our only hope. I had a friend who went to the same expo last year and from that her husband got a job offer in New Zealand and they emigrated there in june this year. Good luck with everything.

Guest Helaine

thats what we are trying to do also, just really confused as to which one...if you find out let me know to will you ......cheers

Guest Kathryn
:err:Hi everyone, firstly can I say what a wonderful site this is, loads of info and friendly people, been reading everything I can for the last few weeks, does, donts, maybe's, you name it its all here, completely invaluable, Thank you all.

anyway jst been to the OZ expo in York, (marvalous) left there feeling more hopeful than when we went in, thing is OH Me and our young un would love to move and make a new life for ourselves in OZ (who doesn't) only problem OH or me for that matter doesn't have any qualifications to say we can do this that and the other, OH is currently warehouse manager, distribution & logistic's and has been doin same job for the last fifteen years, working his way up, one agent that did catch our eye at the show company called

WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS said they would sponser us and could possible get us out there in a matter six months on a subclass 475 visa, Happy days me thinks, and that it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, all sound to good to be true, the guy we chatted to was great, and Im sure everything is fine, just wonderin if anyone else has been sucsseful with this route, Im sorry to be rambling on, I have got loads and loads Questions to ask, I will take my time, it seems everyone tryin to get to OZ has to be patient and get used to the waiting game, thanks again any advice would be more than welcome, cheers Steteevic x:notworthy:

Hi there,

The 457 visa is a great option. The only problem is that it is not a permanent visa, so you are quite tied to the employer who sponsors you.

Best,

Kathryn

hi there.... anything is worth a look when wanting to go to Aussie but as always be careful of promises...

l found this bit of info on another very worthwhile site.... not sure if l am allowed to print the webpage so l wont and l hope they dont mind me passing on valuable info on here but l did copy this just as some information ....:dull:

Recruitment hire firms no longer able to nominate under subclass 457

Author: Alan CollettDate: Monday, October 01, 2007 Changes to Australia's Migration Regulations effective today mean that recruitment hire companies are no longer able to nominate positions where the supply of labour is to an unrelated third party business.

Employers in Australia are therefore now required to employ and nominate skilled persons directly rather than through a labour hire consultancy if they wish to engage skilled persons who are not Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents, or New Zealand citizens.

i dont know how this is effective for the company you approached but its worth double checking everything

Archived