Home and car insurance

runslikeafish

Hi all, I am trying to do a fake monthly budget and have been able to estimate most costs but am struggling with house and car insurance. It is proving difficult for me to get an online quote for just a random ficticious house/car.

Are these costs broadly similar to the UK?

We're planning on living somewhere around Hobart and will buy a cheap and cheerful car to start off with. I appreciate that this will vary wildly but for full (UK) no claims bonus and a cheap (say $2000) smallish car and a $450,000 modern house in Kingston say just as an example how much can I roughly expect to pay a month/year?

Is it $50 a year or $500 or $5000?

Much appreciated!!

Guest siamsusie

Hi there,

For two cars which are a Toyota 4 x 4 (8 yrs old) and a Mitsubishi verada Estate (17 yrs) and our home, the insurances are approx $3,000 pa.

Susie

NB Our Insurance company however gave us a cheaper insurance with window locks and back to base monitoring

Guest siamsusie
whew. initially thought that was just for your car insurance! lol

:no: it also includes contents which I dont think is too bad.

Guest siamsusie
Awesome thanks Susie! That's not too bad for the total cost of car and house/contents insurance.

Hope all's well there - we're hoping to be arriving in Tassie in November. Can't wait!!

Time is flying for you guys, much success in all your removals plans and Summer will be here, what a lovely time you are arriving.

Good luck and very best wishes

Susie x

Archived