Meeting people in Sutherland Shire/Sydney

Guest suziem

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@an1ta - what are the public high schools like around where you are? We are trying to pinpoint a place to live in Sydney. Been looking at the shire, the eastern suburbs and the northern beaches

Hi All three of my children went to Woolooware high school, they all loved it and did very well. 2 girls training to be teachers and a son doing Avionics engineering. You also have a few other good school in this area. There is a Catholic school that it very good. There's not many schools I have heard of that are bad in the shire. Hope that helps

Anita

I agree with Anita, I don't think that there are any schools in the Shire which are considered to be bad schools.

The only thing to be aware of is that the catchments can be a bit odd. For example, we are in Woronora Heights, and in the catchment for Engadine West Public School (a primary school) whereas one of my friends who lives on the next road to the school is not in the catchment and had to do an out of area application. For high school, we are in the catchment for Heathcote High, rather than Engadine High, despite it being much further away.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with Anita, I don't think that there are any schools in the Shire which are considered to be bad schools.

The only thing to be aware of is that the catchments can be a bit odd. For example, we are in Woronora Heights, and in the catchment for Engadine West Public School (a primary school) whereas one of my friends who lives on the next road to the school is not in the catchment and had to do an out of area application. For high school, we are in the catchment for Heathcote High, rather than Engadine High, despite it being much further away.

Hello pomsinoz! Just joined the forum this minute.

LKC: we are hoping to move to Woronora Heights, and just this morning found that it is way out of the catchment for Engadine High School. You mention that it is in the Heathcote High School catchment which is good to know. Thanks!

Waiting for a visa, should be down under in January - hope to meet some local forum members.

Andy

Archived