Meeting people in Sutherland Shire/Sydney

Guest suziem

Guest suziem

Hi

I moved to Sydney about a month ago with my partner and we're all settled with a house in Caringbah.

Unfortunately my job hunt is taking a bit longer than I'd hoped so it'd be good to meet some people- there's only so much Australian daytime TV I can cope with!

I was wondering if there's anyone in the area who fancied meeting up for coffee/drinks/BBQ's etc?

Suzie

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you check out your local RSL Club and see what activities they offer. It's not all old fogies (like me!) It reminds me that I meant to join Toast Masters at one club - Revesby Workers - when I was living out there. Some of the clubs have gyms too. It's always worth joining at least one club. If you live within 5k you HAVE to join anyway. Otherwise you can just go in and show your driver's licence, passport, etc as ID and 'sign in'.

• 1 month later...
Hi

I moved to Sydney about a month ago with my partner and we're all settled with a house in Caringbah.

Unfortunately my job hunt is taking a bit longer than I'd hoped so it'd be good to meet some people- there's only so much Australian daytime TV I can cope with!

I was wondering if there's anyone in the area who fancied meeting up for coffee/drinks/BBQ's etc?

Suzie

Hi Suzie. I live in Caringbah if you fancy meeting up for a coffee,,,, Im in my 40s but with 3 teenage kids I.m not an old people person. Juts let me know. I know how hard it is when u 1st get here.

Anita :biggrin:

Anita,

Just started using this website. I saw your msg to Suzie. I live in Gymea Bay, have been here for 4 years and now trying to make some new friends in the local area. I am also in my 40's with two teenage children. It would be great if we could all get together for coffee?

• 2 months later...
Hi everyone, we have just moved to caringbah south from UK and would be interested in meeting some new friends. I'm in my 30's and have 4 children, two in school. Hubby has just joined the RAN.

Im free most days anyone fancy a coffee?

Hi Im Anita

I live in Caringbah I have 3 kids Only one at school now 2 have left,,, Im happy to meet up for Coffee if you like :biggrin:

• 7 months later...
Guest ljmanuel

Hi, moved to Sutherland from London 7 months ago, 29 and here with my partner if anyone fancies meeting up for a coffee or a good cup of Yorkshire Tea :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest the twits

Hi!

We have recently moved to Kirrawee/Gymea area and are keen to meet some new neighbours/friends in "The Shire"

We might try and get a group together in the next couple of weekends, if anyone reading this would be keen to attend please let me know! ... As we are new to the area, any suggestions as to where would be a good location would be appreciated! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

My hubby and I would be up for meeting, in our 30's, Irish. Sat nights or Sundays best for us at the mo as he is working away during the week. I work in the Shire but live in St George area just over the bridge.

Alayne and Kieran

Guest Jessabel

Hi - I'm living in Sans Souci been here since Jan 2012. I have 2 daughters (2 & 3 years) and keen to meet people in the area.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest melanie79

hi guys,

im not there yet but hoping to be over middle of next year, and commenting on this post so i can have easier access to it nearer the time to get involved in any social gatherings! thanks

melanie

Hi all, I'm on my way out to Oz soon...arriving around Jan 10th. My husband has a job in Botany, I have been searching for schools for my two children (7 and 10) and like the look of Peakhurst Public and Bangor Public. We will therefore settle around that area. I will be a stay-at-home mum for the time being so it would be good to meet some people. Let me know if you manage to meet up!

• 4 months later...
Guest melanie79

hi guys!

well i have my flight booked now for end of may so if there is anyone looking for a meet up in june in the sutherland area let me know. pm me!!!! im going to be in cronulla/caringbah area.

thanks

melanie

• 2 weeks later...
Hi I moved to Sydney about a month ago with my partner and we're all settled with a house in Caringbah. Unfortunately my job hunt is taking a bit longer than I'd hoped so it'd be good to meet some people- there's only so much Australian daytime TV I can cope with! I was wondering if there's anyone in the area who fancied meeting up for coffee/drinks/BBQ's etc? Suzie

I realise this is an old post but wondered if anyone would like to meet for a coffee? I am 50 with a teenage daughter and husband is working all day We arrived a year ago and we live in Cronulla and I am not working and have found it difficult to meet people. I am fed up with day time tv and walks on the esplanade welcome ideas

Edited by mylorna

Guest melanie79

hi, im arriving in 10 weeks to cronulla and would love to meet for a coffee! ive the whole month of june off before i start work so am flexible then & will pm you with my details.

melanie

I realise this is an old post but wondered if anyone would like to meet for a coffee? I am 50 with a teenage daughter and husband is working all day We arrived a year ago and we live in Cronulla and I am not working and have found it difficult to meet people. I am fed up with day time tv and walks on the esplanade welcome ideas

Hiya Melanie,

I'm living in Caringbah. Give me a shout when you get over, i'll PM my phone number.

Anyone else interested in meeting up? looks like there's a few of us in the Shire, should look at organising regular drinks/coffee/dinners etc....

Emma :)

• 4 months later...

Hello all,

I have just moved over here fron the UK on a Permanent Spouse Visa and we are currently living in Caringbah.

I have lived over here before and got married out here but I now have 2 young children aged 2.5 and 5 and was wondering if there's anyone in the area who fancied meeting up for coffee/play dates etc?

I am contemplating joining the YMCA for some sanity (!) They do Yoga and have a creche - anyone fancy joining me?!

Look forward to hearing from someone (please) soon! I'm sounding desperate now aren't I?!

Thanks and best wishes

Jacey

[color=#333333o all,

[/color]

I have just moved over here fron the UK on a Permanent Spouse Visa and we are currently living in Caringbah.

I have lived over here before and got married out here but I now have 2 young children aged 2.5 and 5 and was wondering if there's anyone in the area who fancied meeting up for coffee/play dates etc?

I am contemplating joining the YMCA for some sanity (!) They do Yoga and have a creche - anyone fancy joining me?!

Look forward to hearing from someone (please) soon! I'm sounding desperate now aren't I?!

Thanks and best wishes

Jacey

Hi Jacey I am Marlene (using my husbands sign in)

I live in Kirrawee, moved from the uk last month I would love to meet up for a coffee and a chat, my lad starts school next week maybe we can arrange something in miranda?