New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Guest Pumpkin30

Me and my 2 boys had our medicals done today at The Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead and my police check was sent off yesterday. I cant say I enjoyed the medical to be honest, no fault of the staff they were fine its just I wasnt expecting to be practically naked for it, wasnt prepared for it (woman will perhaps understand what I mean) and felt quite emmbarased. Was there about 4 hours as they were quite behind and it was hard work keeping a 1 and 2 year old entertained for so long.

My 2 year olds medical will be referred which I knew it would be as he has a medical condition ( I really hope this wont cause an issue as it is quite a serious one but have been told others with same condition have emigrated but still worry) and mine referred because of a dodgy urine sample which I had to have done again while there so another cost added to the bill and now got to wait 2 days for results :(

There was nobody to ask by the time we left about how long it takes for anything to show up on my application. Any ideas, does anything change on my application, I dont want to keep checking and I no there is no rush as I dont have a CO but still nice to know that everything will be uploaded and ready on the system for a CO asap.

Guest Lori2011
I have my meds today at Maidenhead. I will ask the questions when im there but just wondered how long should I expect to wait to see any kind of info show up on my application. I dont have a CO yet. Husbands meds done 2 weeks ago in Perth and his are not showing on our application but he has received the envelope with do not open stamped on it 100 times!

What envelope? Why cant he open it?

Guest Draecos
What envelope? Why cant he open it?

My wife is referring to the Medical results letter that I received from Medibank. I confirmed with DIAC this morning that they had received the results electronically and I am to keep hold of the letter somewhere safe and only send it to them if they require it.

Guest waitingtogotooz
Morning waiting room. This is crap

Anlopa/Tania,

Can't you ask how long you are expected to wait in the waiting room due to overcrowding?

Finally got CO!!!

Congratulations on your CO I don't have your details on the front page would you like me to add them if so p[lease fill in your details below

Name:

Destination:

Date of Visa application:

Nationality:

High/Low Risk:

Trade/profession:

Visa type:

Onshore/offshore:

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Me and my 2 boys had our medicals done today at The Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead and my police check was sent off yesterday. I cant say I enjoyed the medical to be honest, no fault of the staff they were fine its just I wasnt expecting to be practically naked for it, wasnt prepared for it (woman will perhaps understand what I mean) and felt quite emmbarased. Was there about 4 hours as they were quite behind and it was hard work keeping a 1 and 2 year old entertained for so long.

My 2 year olds medical will be referred which I knew it would be as he has a medical condition ( I really hope this wont cause an issue as it is quite a serious one but have been told others with same condition have emigrated but still worry) and mine referred because of a dodgy urine sample which I had to have done again while there so another cost added to the bill and now got to wait 2 days for results :(

There was nobody to ask by the time we left about how long it takes for anything to show up on my application. Any ideas, does anything change on my application, I dont want to keep checking and I no there is no rush as I dont have a CO but still nice to know that everything will be uploaded and ready on the system for a CO asap.

Yeah I understand what you mean, the doctor I had was good that way as he got me to strip to my underwear but kept a sheet over me, what a nightmare 4 hours with 2 little ones I can only imagine how you was feeling my son had blood in his urine and doc just gave me a letter for my own doc to re-test it, I was in a bit of a panic so went to my doc got my son to drink loads of water as a friend had advised me as she had the same issue and it was fine and it didn't cost me anymore, I think your bloods take about 3 days to get back so I would leave it till then and then phone the clinic.

Did you have the Lady Doctor there? i did, down to Bra and knickers, and then cos i'm over 40 (just!!) i had to have breast exam:shocked: Doctor really did have a good feel about all over!! :eek:

Did you have the Lady Doctor there? i did, down to Bra and knickers, and then cos i'm over 40 (just!!) i had to have breast exam:shocked: Doctor really did have a good feel about all over!! :eek:

I was asked if I wanted a lady present but had my 14 year old daughter so wasn't bothered, I think I would of been uncomfortable with the breast emanation :embarrassed:

Guest Pumpkin30

I think the clinic thought it was best I did another sample while there hence the extra cost and if that comes back positive for anything then I have to go the docs and do another test! I did drink loads of water both times so a bit miffed as never had that issue before even with all the samples I had to produce for both pregnancies. I was told that if I dont hear anything then all is good but if I get a phone call they will tell me what to do next but I think that is worse hoping the phone doesnt ring and if it does it might be them. I will ring up Friday morning if I havent heard just to double check.

I never got offered to be covered up with a sheet :(

Just felt so uncomfortable even if they have seen everything before and my husband didnt have to strip so wasnt expecting it. I did have a female doc but as I said I wasnt prepared to be stripping down! Never mind wont have to see the staff there ever again (I hope!).

Hi, I hope that your medicals finalise soon. While I was at Maidenhead, they must have uploaded something while doing the chest xrays as I had a line showing 'further medicals received' by the time I got home that night. TBH I have said before that Maidenhead did seem a little slower than others, such as Manchester in particular - we had our meds late on Monday and were told by the Dr that they would be uploaded Wed/Thurs. I had to chase them on Friday as they were still not showing and they uploaded them the following Monday, so a week after the meds. 3 finalised the following day and mine were referred as I have a condition. I took a few Consultant letters with me which they scanned & emailed and they only took 2 days to finalise without any further probs. I've added the dates to my timeline at the bottom.

Good Luck! Mandy

You entered the waiting room at week 35 I came week 36 and now we are week 45 so been waiting9 to 10 weeks omg :arghh:

Really feel for you both! :sad:Reckon DCAL may be right about them still being on holiday. You'd think that there would be someone able to cover for them during absence wouldnt you? I know when we asked for an extension to the 28 days, we had an email from someone else granting this, but suppose the CO has to have the final grant decision.

:hug:Mandy x

I think the clinic thought it was best I did another sample while there hence the extra cost and if that comes back positive for anything then I have to go the docs and do another test! I did drink loads of water both times so a bit miffed as never had that issue before even with all the samples I had to produce for both pregnancies. I was told that if I dont hear anything then all is good but if I get a phone call they will tell me what to do next but I think that is worse hoping the phone doesnt ring and if it does it might be them. I will ring up Friday morning if I havent heard just to double check.

I never got offered to be covered up with a sheet :(

Just felt so uncomfortable even if they have seen everything before and my husband didnt have to strip so wasnt expecting it. I did have a female doc but as I said I wasnt prepared to be stripping down! Never mind wont have to see the staff there ever again (I hope!).

We must have had the same Doctor, my hubby had to strip down to his pants and afterwards said that she had to put her hand down his pants a feel all around his groin area:biglaugh: think he was a bit shocked too.

It is usually a week until Maidenhead can sign off the meds and upload them, they told me the Doctor we had only works there once a week and will sign them off next week (which was yesterday) And mine has now been signed and uploaded.

That's odd we went to Maidenhead, we had a lady Doctor, we had to take our tops off for the chest x ray but not for our medical examination, and my Hubby certainly didn't have a hand in his pants..........much to his dissappointment.......When the Doctor asked if I do my own breast examination I said yeah, and so doi my 18 year old daughter, so we didn't have to go through the indignity of having a boobs prodded and poked.

• Like 1

That's odd we went to Maidenhead, we had a lady Doctor, we had to take our tops off for the chest x ray but not for our medical examination, and my Hubby certainly didn't have a hand in his pants..........much to his dissappointment.......When the Doctor asked if I do my own breast examination I said yeah, and so doi my 18 year old daughter, so we didn't have to go through the indignity of having a boobs prodded and poked.

was it an older lady with shoulder length grey hair? She was very straight in her attitude and didn't smile or put me at ease much, that didn't help as i was already a wreck:rolleyes::mad:

She is a professional Doctor though all the same so i really can't moan, i just expected a nice bright and cheery Doctor, who would be kind and caring, as i have heard many times on this forum about the Panel Doctors.

Really feel for you both! :sad:Reckon DCAL may be right about them still being on holiday. You'd think that there would be someone able to cover for them during absence wouldnt you? I know when we asked for an extension to the 28 days, we had an email from someone else granting this, but suppose the CO has to have the final grant decision.

:hug:Mandy x

Their is someone working on my file while the co is away but co has to sign it off.

co do have people that work under them as I was once told they do all the checking and prepare the file ready for grant.

We must have had the same Doctor, my hubby had to strip down to his pants and afterwards said that she had to put her hand down his pants a feel all around his groin area:biglaugh: think he was a bit shocked too.

It is usually a week until Maidenhead can sign off the meds and upload them, they told me the Doctor we had only works there once a week and will sign them off next week (which was yesterday) And mine has now been signed and uploaded.

My 2 boys and my husband at to strip to their underwear with me in the room :biglaugh: but they had left when it was my turn I think our experience was good I must say

My 2 boys and my husband at to strip to their underwear with me in the room :biglaugh: but they had left when it was my turn I think our experience was good I must say

Guys don't scare me!!!!I will do my medical check with 2 small sons (1,5 and 4) we can't manage them 4 hours :nah: and strip undies? Are you joking???:err: