176 Visa Family Sponsorship Timelines

smitsav

Hi

I lodged my online application for a GSM 176 visa with family sponsorship on the 16/03/2011 for WA. The E-Business Systems online application progress checker says 'Processing commenced' is 4 and a half months normal to have heard nothing back? I'm worried I should have done something and maybe it's being held up. Does anyone have any experience of this who can help?

Thanks

My online application on the E-Business Systems site received 16/03/2011 also says -

- Health requirements outstanding

- Medical examination required

- Chest X-ray report required

- Chest X-ray film required

- HIV blood test required

I believe I need to await a Case Officer before I do anything is this correct as it's 4 and a half months now and I still haven't heard anything other than what is said on the E-Business Systems website i.e. Processing commenced. Should I go ahead and complete the above outstanding items or await instruction from a Case Officer when one hopefully gets assigned?

Guest Mark2560

I started my application in for a 176 in march also, granted I'd already had my skills assessment done as I was originally on a 175 visa but got my visa stamped in my passport in July hopefully won't be to long for you guys!

Hi,

I also have my skills assessment completed. Do I need to await a Case Officer or should I go ahead and send the above details? When did you send your's did you await until asked for them or did you send them without a request to do so?

Scott

Guest Mark2560

I used a migration agent, they sent me all the relevant paperwork I filled it in then sent it back as quick as possible, if you've got your positive skills assessment completed then I would have thought once they have got that you shouldn't be far off, think the next step would be medicals etc once you've had the medicals then your only looking about 8 weeks until they grant the visa, good luck hope this helps.

Guest Mark2560

Sorry and also they told me that a case officer had been appointed, and diac sent me a email to inform me that a case officer had been appointed aswell.

• 2 months later...