shopping alert

Guest sh7t man no way

Guest sh7t man no way

things are more expensive now (worldwide) so we are all looking to make our pound/dollar go further--so i thought id start a thread to help people get the bargains out there--wether it be food/car insurance/household bills ect--when in aus i get my washing up powder from terry whites (chemists) it somtime comes on offer for 2-3 dollars,and i buy 30 boxes,the same box in coles is 5-6 dollars (prices may have changed in the last year or so) but you get the gist--so is the any other special deals out there to save members a bit of money--over to you

Guest siamsusie

We have a generator, and run the drier off it.. saves a fortune

Of course great for cut outs and camping trips.

Guest Guest31881

As there are normally only two of us, we purchased a table top oven, It can bake, toast, grill and also act as a rotisserie. Its a fraction of the cost to cook things compared to a full size oven, food cooks quicker and has a lot more taste. At the moment it is cooking a pork joint on the rotisserie. with roast potatoes cooking under the joint. :biggrin:

Guest siamsusie
As there are normally only two of us, we purchased a table top oven, It can bake, toast, grill and also act as a rotisserie. Its a fraction of the cost to cook things compared to a full size oven, and food cooks quicker and has a lot more taste. At the moment it is cooking a pork joint on the rotisserie. with roast potatoes cooking under the joint. :biggrin:

Colin, have you that cheap deal on line link you keep under your hat please:wink:

Guest The Pom Queen

Umm not sure if I want to recommend these as it means more people buying and things selling out before I get chance for a peak. In all seriousness there have been some brilliant bargains on here: http://www.catchoftheday.com.au it's not food every day, each day at 12 noon they change the deal and it can be anything from computers, I Phone accessories (got some great Ipad and I Phone stuff for a 3rd of the price JBHIFI were selling them at) clothes (designer, don't ask me who or what as I'm not a designer girl) Bond Undies, wine, bedding, perfume, make up etc etc.

So far apart from the I phone things, I have purchased food, a massage office chair, pillows (the best I've ever had) oh and some toys for xmas.

Guest Hatton
We have a generator, and run the drier off it.. saves a fortune

Of course great for cut outs and camping trips.

Isn't that more expensive to run in fuel?

http://www.bunnings.com.au/products_product_22kva-output-55hp-4-stroke-kipor-open-frame-petrol-generator_2025.aspx

• The features of the KGE2500XB

• Power output: 240v / 8amp /2.2kva

• Noise level: 66db

• Fuel tank- 25lt : (21.5 run time)

• Weight : 43kg

• Engine : 5.5hp, 4 stroke , unleaded fuel

That will cost $38 for 21.5 hours use. Try and run a clothes dryer that long and see what the leccy bill would be.

Bugga, almost talked myself into getting one...purely for the big chance of another 93 hours without electricity 'cos of cyclones:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest Hatton
http://www.bunnings.com.au/products_product_22kva-output-55hp-4-stroke-kipor-open-frame-petrol-generator_2025.aspx

• The features of the KGE2500XB

• Power output: 240v / 8amp /2.2kva

• Noise level: 66db

• Fuel tank- 25lt : (21.5 run time)

• Weight : 43kg

• Engine : 5.5hp, 4 stroke , unleaded fuel

That will cost $38 for 21.5 hours use. Try and run a clothes dryer that long and see what the leccy bill would be.

Bugga, almost talked myself into getting one...purely for the big chance of another 93 hours without electricity 'cos of cyclones:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

THANKS Bobj, I find sticking the cloths on the line cheaper :wink:

THANKS Bobj, I find sticking the cloths on the line cheaper :wink:

Mate! Had to laugh at that...one of the things in tropical Australia is "The Wet", 17 days consistent rain...on several occasions.:laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

Reject Shop, buy my soap powder from there front loader and top loader available. Also buy cleaning products there, have to check each week.

NQR not sure if they are in other States than Victoria, also cleaning products and can pick up cheese etc for half the price, need to check regularly as the goods change from day to day.

Deals Direct - bought quite a few things from them and they deliver quickly and you can get free shipping on lots of items.

Buy my pet food at the PET store and every few months get a free bag and at fifty three dollars a bag is worth having.

My drier is for show, do not use it, we have verandas around the house so put the washing out till it dries.

If a few families get together and purchase box or cartons from the market can work out very cheap when split.

Guest siamsusie

NO not at all hence the reason for using the gen set!

Guest sh7t man no way

do they still do cheap tuesday in oz for fuel--in my local vid shop they did a cheap tuesday thing where you got 5 videos for 5 dollars--we use to get them out,and do one a night--theres heaps of deals out there,but most of it comes from word of mouth:wubclub:also if i remember coles use to sell of stuff on a sunday,so the could restack the shelves for monday morning--is this the case now

• 2 months later...
things are more expensive now (worldwide) so we are all looking to make our pound/dollar go further--so i thought id start a thread to help people get the bargains out there--wether it be food/car insurance/household bills ect--when in aus i get my washing up powder from terry whites (chemists) it somtime comes on offer for 2-3 dollars,and i buy 30 boxes,the same box in coles is 5-6 dollars (prices may have changed in the last year or so) but you get the gist--so is the any other special deals out there to save members a bit of money--over to you

That's good thinking shi7man, I don't buy washing powder at the supermarkets, you can get it in the Reject Shop or Godfreys as they sell cleaning stuff as well as vacuums etc. I think it was about $6 or so for a huge bucket. Some of the $2 shops sell it, and also Aldi have the big boxes. Washing power, dishwashing liquid, soap shampoo etc are all ripoffs in the supermarket (coles/woolworths). Places like NQR/Reject Shop and Chemists as you say have better deals. I go washup liquid for $2 the other day outside my local pharmacy.

Also make your own cleaning products, non toxic, this woman wrote a book about throwing out all your expensive rip-off and watered down cleaning products and making them at home (i.e. vinegar to clean etc). check out her website.

http://shannonlush.com/

And the other tip is go to Costco (in Docklands in Melbourne) with a friend and buy up stuff and share half of it. (i.e. toilet rolls etc).

Vinegar is supposed to be excellent fabic softner. there is heaps of stuff on the old style board on moneysavingexpert about making your own washing powder too. As to growing my own veg - that depends upon rentals - dreading renting....

Vinegar is supposed to be excellent fabic softner. there is heaps of stuff on the old style board on moneysavingexpert about making your own washing powder too. As to growing my own veg - that depends upon rentals - dreading renting....

You should be fine having a vegie patch in a rental so long as you keep it under control - and if they object, big pots can do the expensive stuff :)

My friend rents and has an amazing vegie patch, we'll be renting and having a vegie patch.

It's do-able :)

Archived