Where to live in Brisbane area?

Jems30

Family of 5, young children, we want to be near to the beach but also not far from Brisbane for work. I have heard about high crime rates which worries me with 3 children. Good schools and lots to do. Any advice?

Husband is very keen on going to Perth, but I also want us to look at Queensland.

Not sure what areas you have heard have high crime rates - maybe the Logan area? Compared to much of the UK, the crime rates in and around Brisbane and it's suburbs would be quite low.

Many people commute into the city from the Bayside area - south east of the city. Have a look at places like Cleveland, Ormiston, Thornlands, Wellinton Point and Birkdale for starters. Nice family suburbs with decent schools around.

If you need any more specific info, please just ask.

Love

Rudi

x

I had heard of people saying the Gold Coast has high crime rates.

Thanks, I shall take a look at those areas, are they near to a beach? I want something near the beach for the children, but close enough for my husband to commute to Brisbane for work. If we were to decide on Brisbane.

Thanks for your help.

I had heard of people saying the Gold Coast has high crime rates.

Thanks, I shall take a look at those areas, are they near to a beach? I want something near the beach for the children, but close enough for my husband to commute to Brisbane for work. If we were to decide on Brisbane.

Thanks for your help.

Brisbane doesn't have any beaches - you'd need to be up on the Sunshine Coast or down on the Gold Coast for that. There are small man-made beaches in the area I have mentioned, but because it's a protected bay area, you won't have any waves.

Love

Rudi

x

Guest guest30038

There are beaches on the North Side, just not surf beaches. look at sandgate, margate and redcliffe.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest licoriche

Hi Jems30, few of the real estate websites might give you a better idea on locations. www.realestate.com.au has suburb reports and a provide a % score on an region. I don't know if it takes into account crime rates etc. www.homes247.com.au also has free property reports and a % score and relationship of a property to universities, hospitals, the coast etc. Might be worth a look :-)

Guest BuyThat

Hi,

Higher crimes rates occur generally in pockets of suburbs but as mentioned the crime rate here is pretty low when compared to other parts of the world. Logan and Woodridge are 2 areas that come to mind.

The Gold Coast is fine if your in the right places and there are some gated suburbs that have 24 hour security and the like. These are sought after areas here.

Birsbane and the Gold Coast have some of the best schools going around. Getting places for the kids can be tricky? so can short term rentals. Let me know if I can help any further.

I'm in real estate on the Northern Gold Coast so can help with short term/3mth rentals if thats helpful

Cheers

Mish

Guest GeorgeD
Hi,

Higher crimes rates occur generally in pockets of suburbs but as mentioned the crime rate here is pretty low when compared to other parts of the world. Logan and Woodridge are 2 areas that come to mind.

The Gold Coast is fine if your in the right places and there are some gated suburbs that have 24 hour security and the like. These are sought after areas here.

Birsbane and the Gold Coast have some of the best schools going around. Getting places for the kids can be tricky? so can short term rentals. Let me know if I can help any further.

I'm in real estate on the Northern Gold Coast so can help with short term/3mth rentals if thats helpful

Cheers

Mish

There are good areas right next to bad ones around Brisbane. Woodridge is just behind Ikea off the motorway...the other side of the motorway is Springwood/Daisy Hill/Shailer Park. Some of these areas have pretty good reputations, and excellent schools. They are in the same council and less than 2 kms apart. There are many areas in Australia where one street is highly desireable, but the next one is a no-go area...it is really difficult to generalise about suburbs sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest matthew-sharp
Hi,

Cheers

Mish

hi,

my family, me, my wife and my son (2 years old) will move to gold coast in the late of sept 2011. we would like to live some where b/t gold cost and brisband, do you have any ?

thanks

Guest charter

Redcliffe has brilliant beaches, especially for young kids, half an hour north of Brisbane CBD (an hour in rush hour). Loads of good schools and record low crime rates according to the press this week.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

Cheers

Mish

Hi Mish,

Just reading through post's trying to gather information about suburbs etc. I noticed you are in the real estate business, do you have a website? Can you pm me some details as we will be looking for somewhere when we arrive.

Thanks

Archived