175 processing time

Immi says processing time for 175 is 18months. Anyone know how to speed it up a bit?

Wish I did! If you find out will you let me know?!

We applied in 2009 and are still waiting. My husbands occupation of 'fitter' was on the SOL when we applied but then they took it off and they have only recently put it back on again so I am just hoping we get the visa within the timeline specified!!

You could try and get sponsored by a state that has your occupation listed on it's state skills list and then you may get classed as category 3 but if you have already applied for a 175 I think it's a case of having to re apply for the 176 sponsored visa.

• 3 weeks later...

From what Ive heard 175 is taking way longer than 18 Months. Ive heard upwards of 3 years.. so Im rethinking my strategy!

Hi Lou,

Have a search on here, people applied in 2009 and still have no case officer! So Im trying to find an alternative myself, its proving a nightmare as my occupation is on most State Sponsorship lists apart from QLD which is where I actually want to go :( Im 26, with a masters degree, my dad lives there etc and its still hard to get there :(

God i hope we get lucky and it comes through sooner rather than later. Im hoping we will be in Oz by Xmas 2012.

Our migration company is emailing us today hopefully telling us what things we need to get together so ill ask him then.

Fingers crossed you get your visa through soon!!!

Lou

It all seems to be a hit and miss with 175's.

Have a look at this site:

http://www.beupdate.co.uk

Although DIAC saying they are processing 175's from August 2010, there seems to be some applications from September 2010 and October 2010 that have got their visa....

So the agents who are saying 9 months could be right, not sure where the figure for 3 years has come from, especially for new applications, for those who lodged an application and had their job removed from the SOL, is it worth lodging a PLE to make sure your in Cat 4 and not still stuck in Cat 5?

Guest bowow2011

Although DIAC saying they are processing 175's from August 2010, there seems to be some applications from September 2010 and October 2010 that have got their visa....

So the agents who are saying 9 months could be right, not sure where the figure for 3 years has come from, especially for new applications, for those who lodged an application and had their job removed from the SOL, is it worth lodging a PLE to make sure your in Cat 4 and not still stuck in Cat 5?

Sorry not 175 but we got our 176 in 10 weeks!!! they are defo speeding things up, good luck to you all xx

Last time I sent a PLE it was an automated response and basically said don't bother us again till you have a CO so was a complete waste of time!! :goofy:

Sorry not 175 but we got our 176 in 10 weeks!!! they are defo speeding things up, good luck to you all xx

OMG Jealous!!! Adopt me! :biggrin:

Archived