HELP!!!!! Can I appeal against my 3 year ban

Guest Angel156

Guest Angel156

I overstayed my working holiday visa by 6 months. I told immigration and they gave me a 3 year ban. At the airport whilst leaving I was advised by a different immigration guy that if I wanted to return to Oz and study for the ban could be lifted. It would depend on my circumstances. I want to return in 6 months as a student but do I have any chance and who would I speak to? Can anyone help please? I know I shouldn't of stayed but if I cant get back I will be so upset. Thanks!:huh:

I overstayed my working holiday visa by 6 months. I told immigration and they gave me a 3 year ban. At the airport whilst leaving I was advised by a different immigration guy that if I wanted to return to Oz and study for the ban could be lifted. It would depend on my circumstances. I want to return in 6 months as a student but do I have any chance and who would I speak to? Can anyone help please? I know I shouldn't of stayed but if I cant get back I will be so upset. Thanks!

The 3 year ban does not stop you from making a visa application, however, because of the ban you will need to show good reason why the ban should not be enforced.

There are specific criteria that can be used such as “reasons beyond your control”, “compelling and compassionate circumstances that affect an Australian”, etc.

The fact that you overstayed your visa by six month is quite serious and you being upset if you cannot return to Australia would be unlikely to be a sufficient reason for the Department not to enforce the ban.

Guest Angel156

Thanks for this info, do you think I need to get an agent before I apply?

I do have reasons that would be considered as beyond my control but just didint want to go into detail on the forum. Has anyone ever heard of a success story where a ban has been lifted? :err:

Also are agents expensive?, any help is much appreciated!

Guest siamsusie

Why not click on Raul's name Angel, and send him a PM.

Good luck with your future plans and I hope you do have some success.

Susie

Archived