457 status and time

Hi Guys ,

my prospective company is sponsoring me and using a migration agent (they've already brough one guyo over last year , when I look at DIAC I get as below, should the companies info not be there as well ie spons. approved ?

Also what should I be pushing the agent to do ..they seem a bit tardy !!

Application 457 Business Long Stay Primary -

24/06/2011 Application received - processing commenced

24/06/2011 Application fee received

Thnks

FT

Hi Tony,

We are the same boat too. It will be 8 weeks on Monday since our E457 was finally lodged (we emailed the documents end of April!) and we have heard nothing regarding the sponsored company (even though they have sponsored lots already) or about the nomination part.

Despite talking to DIAC and the migration agent they have told us nothing other than the standard response of "we will let you know whenever something happens"! You say a bit tardy, I say downright incompetent or just damn lazy, I can't make up my mind.

Sorry to sound negative but I am just being realisitic from our experience. My advice would be sit back and wait for the 12 week deadline and if you get it before then it is a bonus. Trust me, you will drive yourself crazy watching other people around you getting their visas, especially when they have applied after you and you then try and use logic to work out how that happened! It is even worse when some eejit who has got their visa after waiting for 5 days tells you "don't worry, you'll be next"! How could they possibly know? If the people that get their visas quick could just let us know their timelines without their inane, patronising chat and then leave us to suffer in this agononising, indeterminate hell, we would be a lot happier!

Anyway, enjoy the weekend as nothing will now happen on the DIAC site much before midnight on Sunday.

Regards,

Scotty

PS We are from the UK, don't need medicals or Police checks, so whatever the reason for the hold-up is, it is beyond me.

Hi Guys ,

my prospective company is sponsoring me and using a migration agent (they've already brough one guyo over last year , when I look at DIAC I get as below, should the companies info not be there as well ie spons. approved ?

Also what should I be pushing the agent to do ..they seem a bit tardy !!

Application 457 Business Long Stay Primary -

24/06/2011 Application received - processing commenced

24/06/2011 Application fee received

Thnks

FT

I did my application my self but im no further either. The application was submitted 06/06/2011 and all it says processing commenced. Checking my e-mails and online every day and so disappointed and inpatient that nothings happening. :unsure:

Hi Scotty ,

sorry to hear its taking so long ..some people it seeems to be quick and others not so ... my employer has put a start date at beginning of Aug in the contract and they are handling the visa through their migration agent .its really frustrating I thought them providing their immigration agent would make it easier but ..if anything its actually worse as the migration agent is so tardy and I dont want to look like a whinge ..but wht the hell are they gettin paid for ??

Hope your comes soon Scotty ;)

Cheers

FT

Hi Tony,

We're the same with the agent, you don't want to be seen as a whingeing Pom, but what the hell do they do all day? Same with DIAC, maybe if they worked longer that 9.30 to 4.30 they would get a bit more work done!

The Wife goes mad at me, she say's that laid back attitude, work/life balance is why we are going to Australia.

I hope your visa comes soon too Tony, infact, I think you'll be next! ;-). (you just better not beat me!!!)

Regards,

Scotty

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/457-additional-funding.htm

DIAC proposes a median turnaround time of 22 calendar days. Its is very frustrating and everyone's situation is different. no idea why ours was so quick but we had front loaded all of our documents. Bar contacting them they isn't much you can do but wait. Not sure what a '12 week' deadline is, never heard of that? Not sure of their working hours but we had movement during a Saturday Oz time so they must work at weekends, or at least Saturday!

Good luck all.....

Guest jmahood

I contacted DIAC and got my TRN number and was horrified to find that the migration agent only submitted my visa application two weeks ago. I thought it had been done on 5th May! :mad::mad::mad::mad: My employer stipulated 6th June start and here we are middle of July and no further forward. I phoned the migration lawyer who simply told me that "some people just get put at the bottom of the pile repeatedly and you just have to wait". Seriously, if he had said that to my face I am sure I would have bopped him one! It is very frustrating and it's difficult to cope with your life in limbo!

Hoping that all of us in this boat are only in it for a short while longer! Good luck to all of you. :cute:

2 right I think if I were you I prob would have went off on one ......bit of a d*ck not to have submitted it earlier thats nothing to do with being bottom of the pile thats him just bein a complete Kn*b..hope it

works out m8 ..Im sure it will be very very frustrating you have my sympathy sir

Cheers

FT

I contacted DIAC and got my TRN number and was horrified to find that the migration agent only submitted my visa application two weeks ago. I thought it had been done on 5th May! :mad::mad::mad::mad: My employer stipulated 6th June start and here we are middle of July and no further forward. I phoned the migration lawyer who simply told me that "some people just get put at the bottom of the pile repeatedly and you just have to wait". Seriously, if he had said that to my face I am sure I would have bopped him one! It is very frustrating and it's difficult to cope with your life in limbo!

Hoping that all of us in this boat are only in it for a short while longer! Good luck to all of you. :cute:

Absolutley terrible and very unprofessional, there must be some kind of ombudsman to complain to. Avoided an agent like the plague, money grabbing scoundrels. How the hell does he know that you 'get put to bottom of pile'......fool....

Good luck, keep the faith.

:chatterbox::biggrin:

i think it depends where it goes, ours went to parramatta , took 5 weeks and 4 days, went from processing commenced to approved, 4 days before it was approved we were told we had no case officer and then suddenly hey presto approved, so it will happen and quite soon,

Niki

Fattony, how weird, ours was lodged on the exact same day as yours. When I check the DIAC ours says the same thing.

Does anyone know how many stages there are between payment received and visa approved?

I was told that next i should be assigned a case officer?

Guest Stacey23

Am I right in thinking not everyone is allocated a case officer?

How do people know about this 22 day turnover? Is it just a myth as I called Australia House and was told the current processing time for a 457 is between 8 and 16 weeks for 'straight forward' applications.

Stacey

Am I right in thinking not everyone is allocated a case officer?

How do people know about this 22 day turnover? Is it just a myth as I called Australia House and was told the current processing time for a 457 is between 8 and 16 weeks for 'straight forward' applications.

Stacey

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/457-a...al-funding.htm states 'current median of 22 calendar days'

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/standards/2.1.htm

A number of weeks ago there was a link on their site that stated that the median turnaround time was 22 calendar days for low risk countries eg. uk. (first link) The second link documents otherwise 2-3 months, although we recieved ours quick, but all documents were front loaded.

Guest Stacey23

Thank you. I would imagine the 22 day rule would apply mainly to straight forward applicants who don't require medicals / xray.

Are some people not allocated a case officer and others are?

Personally I'd wait until your visa comes through then give notice

Just to be on the safe side :)

Once you get your visa prob take at least 4 weeks to get everything

Finalised flights accomadation etc

Cheers

FT

Archived