Pre-school & Primary school ages?

Guest Angelcake

Guest Angelcake

We will be moving to Brisbane next year and Im trying to work out when my children with be able to go to school and pre-school.

Firstly, do they have pre-school? What ages can they start? How does it work and is it funded? My twin boys were born March 06 so will be 2yrs 3 months when we arrive.

My eldest son was born Oct 03 and would be going to school in Sept 08 if we stayed in the UK. I understand that the school term starts in Jan though, so will he go to school in Jan 09?

My neice was born July 04, so when will she be able to go to school?

Any help gratefully received

Many thanks

Angelcake

Guest yvonne & paul

Mine have just started school and the years have just changed for prep starts ie Year R in England. They are as follows

Born 1.7.02 - 30.6.03 start Jan 08

Born 1.7.03 - 30.6.04 start Jan 09

Born 1-7-04 - 30-6-05 start Jan 10 etc etc

Hope this helps we are on student visa so have to pay for kids school but pr you don not. You do however have to buy all books pens pencils paper ruler calculators etc and give a contribution to school each term about $50

Hope this helps...Our school is fab and kids love it. Ages 11, 9 and youngest starts Jan 08

yvonne

Hiya my daughter was just 3 when we moved here ,she goes to Kindy 3 days a week,as her birthday is in September(just turned 4) she misses out on pre school next year and will have to wait until Jan09:arghh:.She is Senior kindy now ,will go to kindy prep next, then over to the primary school pre-school(yr1).The kindy she attends is one of the ABC outlets which are quite big over here,daily fees are $48, 6.30am till 6.30pm.Although,, depending on the type of visa you are on and the income you will be getting here Centrelink will contribute to some of the coast.hope this makes sense:v_SPIN:

Cal x

Guest Angelcake

Hi Cal,

Thanks for your reply. Is there anyway to work out what how much centrelink would contribute to the Kindi part? Im thinking that at $48 a day for two of them, that we won't be able to afford it. Especially when I know that here, at 3 they would both be funded by the government to attend pre-school, I just don't want the twins to miss out. What age are they funded from?

Thanks alot

Angelcake

Do most people put their kids in Kindi

HI

Does anyone know at what age they are in primary till and at what age they start high/secondary school. I've 2 children age 8 and 12 (he'll be 13 when we get to Oz)

Cheers

Mandy x

Hi Mandy,

My daughter is 12 (13 in February), she's currently in year 7 which is last year of primary in WA - she will start high school in February (year 8), so your son should go to High School. My son has just turned 8 (september birthday) and he's in year 2. He's taught in a year2/3 class and the boys in year 3 are turning 9

Ali

Guest TRACEY & PETER

so they are behind us, by starting new year in Feb, i have a 7 year old, 8 in Jan and 5year old 6 in oct, can any one tell me what year they would be in from feb 08. in year 1 and 3 at the moments, this has been a big question of mine and found it difficult to find details,

Thanks

so they are behind us, by starting new year in Feb, i have a 7 year old, 8 in Jan and 5year old 6 in oct, can any one tell me what year they would be in from feb 08. in year 1 and 3 at the moments, this has been a big question of mine and found it difficult to find details,

Thanks

If your going to WA, your 7 year old will go into grade 3 in 2008.

A child needs to turn 6 before 1st July to be able to start grade 1 primary. If it is their birthday this October they will be in grade 1 in 2008.

Guest TRACEY & PETER

we are proberbly going to Melbourne is it the same there

So my youngest who is 3 in oct will start reception (not called that in oz) Feb 2010

Archived