University Recognition

OzPomDan

Hello Everyone

Haven't posted in a while, but I was wondering... I'm heading to university next year, with the view to head back to the UK afterwards (only because Uni is cheaper here! :biggrin: ). Has anyone had difficulty getting qualifications recognized in the UK from certain universities??

Thanks in advance

Dan

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Employers are now receiving 83 applications on average for each job, a survey found

Published: 12:06am, 28th June 2011

Updated: 1:18pm, 28th June 2011

University leavers are facing record levels of competition for jobs, with more than 80 fighting for every position, research suggests.

Employers are now receiving 83 applications on average for each job - almost double the numbers of two years ago (49), and nearly treble compared to three years ago (31), the bi-annual Association of Graduate Recruiters (AGR) survey has found.

I think your real problem will be the near doubling in graduates applying for jobs from 49 to 83 in just 2 years, but best of luck and its a great idea to go to uni in Aus if you can to take advantage of the half the cost fees, but not many are as lucky as you.

I'm going to do a degree in Computer Science, hopefully at UWA, or Curtin, would either of these have any trouble??

Thanks

Dan

Can't see you having a problem Dan. Did the same kind of course back in the 80's in Birmingham and had a bit of a problem getting it ratified here.

Luckily our landlord was a lecturer at UWA and took it to the Uni to be ratified. He came back with a more impressive looking certificate than my degree, with the UWA crest on. Never had a problem at interviews after that.:wink:

At least, with the qualification you are going for, you will stand a better chance of getting a job in the UK than most. There are usually positions going in IT but sometimes a lot of competition. Make sure you have a good resume, dress for the interview and be prepared. Do some reading up on the company you are applying to.

Archived