What documents to attach to application for skilled independent 175 visa

Foxdown

My boyfriend and I are applying for the Skilled - Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175) and want to know how we attach documents to an electronic visa application. We have started to fill in the form but it doesn't say anywhere how we attach the documents. We have to get ort application in by June 30th so all advice gratefully received asap! Thanks.

If its the same as 2 years ago...you get to attach all the documents after you have done the payment at the very end of the application. The documents have to colour scanned and if they are black and white they can be certified. There should be a checklist of what to attach...i had to attach stacks of stuff for my defacto relationship. other things were skills assessmnet certificate, and any other relevant certs like qualifications and ielts if u have one of those, i also attached form 80 when i applied but i think most people wait until it gets asked for.

That info is a great help gemstone, thanks. So if they are colour scans they don't have to be certified, is that correct? I have searched on the immi website but I can't find a list of what I have to attach. Do you have the checklist or know the website address?

Guest Tony4052

Use this link to find out what documents you have to upload https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa

Use this link to attach upload your documents https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/attachment/start.do?attachType=VISA_APPLICATION&group=travel

Any more questions please ask away as we have just finished the complete process. Good luck

hello,

just found a link to the 175 checklist. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/175_checklist.pdf that should hopefully help. as far as i am aware if they are colour scanned they are ok. u may also need to make the files smaller...but if you google attaching documents to general skilled migration visa a page should come up that tells you how to do it.

i just followed the links that tony4052 put on and they are also ways to attach documents once you have receipt of payment and your transaction reference number.

Brill :-) thanks guys. The thing is we haven't actually paid for the visa yet so I don't have a transaction reference number so I can't access those links. When I do pay for the visa will I have to submit the documents immediatley i.e. before July 1st when the visa rules change or will I have time to sort it out after July 1st? I ask as after July 1st we won't get enough points for the new visa system.

Im not 100% on the attaching after....what category are you? The wait time with category 2 is about 2-6 months at a guess and the wait time for category 3 is about 12-18 months also at a guess. I think you probably have to attach the main checklist after you pay, but I couldnt be too sure. You can use the second link that tony gave you to attach things after. the first link is what i have used to check the progress of my visa, but i cant attach docs to it. Hopefully someone else will be able to confirm about the attaching docs thing.

Archived