176 visa help

Hi all,

I am in the process of uploading all my docs for a 176 visa.

Just after a bit of clarification regarding the docs I need to prove my wife's relationship to her uncle in Sydney.

My wife's birth certificate shows her mothers maiden name which is the same as her uncle. Is this enough to prove the link?

We cannot find my wife's mothers marriage certificate which would show the change from her maiden name to my wife's maiden name but I am hoping my wife's birth certificate will be enough!

Many thanks as always.

M

Hi all,

I am in the process of uploading all my docs for a 176 visa.

Just after a bit of clarification regarding the docs I need to prove my wife's relationship to her uncle in Sydney.

My wife's birth certificate shows her mothers maiden name which is the same as her uncle. Is this enough to prove the link?

We cannot find my wife's mothers marriage certificate which would show the change from her maiden name to my wife's maiden name but I am hoping my wife's birth certificate will be enough!

Many thanks as always.

M

Don't quote me on this because I can't find the link now but we looked into the family option and I think you will need both your wife's mother and uncle's birth certificates to prove that they both have the same parents, then you will have to prove your wife's relationship to her mother too.

I'll see if I can find it again

Fantastic news, so all 3 birth certificates should achieve the requirements.

Thanks HC

They may still ask for the marriage certificate as proof of her mother's change of name but if it has her mother's maiden name on the birth certificate that might be enough, I really don't know for sure. If all else fails though you should be able to get a copy of the marriage certficate if it's required.

Thanks. I found a link to another site that wanted £60 for the certificate but that must have been a private company. Just ordered from the link you sent for £23.40 with next day service. Would have been a tenner for 15 work day turnaround.

Archived