309 Partner Visa App - Which documents needs to be certified?

llessur

Right, about a month after our initial deadline we're nearly read to get our application handed-in. Just waiting on the last couple of stat decs to wind their merry back through the postal system from Oz.

I just wanted to make sure I don't miss anything obvious. One thing that I'm unsure about is the document certification requirements. I have previously read the following in a forum post which has been extracted from an email from DIAC:

Do I send Originals or Copies of my Documents?

We require originals of character clearances only. You should provide certified/notarised copies of key documents such as birth, marriage and divorce certificates. In all other cases provide simple photocopies of supporting documents such as rental agreements, bank statements, insurance documents and the like.

However, this was dated 2009.

Can anyone confirm that it is still OK to send non-certified copies of documents such as bank statements, bills, etc and just get the important ones certified (passports etc)?

Has anyone had any problems with non-certified documents?

We did my wifes visa in early 2010 and the only thinks we sent as originals were the police checks and some invitations and cards as evidence ( these were sent back within a week of sending them) there was a guidelines booklet you could print out to help with the process which should give you all the info you need regarding copies/originals. We only sent certified copies of government type documents. Photocopied everYthing else

We did my wifes visa in early 2010 and the only thinks we sent as originals were the police checks and some invitations and cards as evidence ( these were sent back within a week of sending them) there was a guidelines booklet you could print out to help with the process which should give you all the info you need regarding copies/originals. We only sent certified copies of government type documents. Photocopied everYthing else

Brilliant - this was exactly my plan!

Just wanted to double-check. And then triple check. It's taken so long to get the thing together that I don't want to have it rejected on a simple oversight....

I think a Saturday of sneaking into the office and then induldging in some illicit bulk photocopying behind the boss' back is on the cards... :eek:

Guest Lady Penelope

Originals:

Police clearance and Medicals

Certified copies of:

Passports

Birth certificates

Marriage certficate

Divorce papres (if applicable)

Photo copies:

Everything else eg: Bills, photos, contracts ...

Hope you were sneaky at the photo copier on Saturday.

Good luck

Penny

Guest Lady Penelope

I also recommend photo copying everything once it is finished. So you have an exact copy of what they have after you have sent it.

Nothing like hoarding paper :rolleyes:

Nothing like hoarding paper :rolleyes:

Oh man - tell me about it. Since I started this process I've accrued about three trees-worth of paper sitting around in neat (and some not so neat) piles around the house. My favorite one is the one I've jammed into the top of my wardrobe as I had no other flat space available on which to dump it.

God knows what I'm going to do with it all once we move :eek:

Archived