Family Sponsored 176- Where are you now?

jimithechew

Guest Littletwinny

I've read loads of all your time lines and come to the conclusion that we've done things in a really odd order!

Application was lodged in Oct 2010, case officer allocated by May 2011, extra info required in June along with medicals and police checks...medicals were the last thing to do and they were done on 22nd August. So now we wait!

Most frustrating thing is that our application online had to be withdrawn (due to an error by a clerk at the agents office!) so we have a paper application and therefore no TRN and no easy way to check on progress!

(have to resist emailing agents every 5 minutes for an update)

Not knowing how long how have to wait is horrible!

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Fitz's

Hello all

This is our time line

TRA passed Nov 2008

applied for visa 176 family sponsored dec 2008

still waiting august 2011.

Hello all

This is our time line

TRA passed Nov 2008

applied for visa 176 family sponsored dec 2008

still waiting august 2011.

I think this long waiting list because your occupation was not in SOL for a period of time or may be, is still not in SOL. Wishing you have a good luck.:biggrin::biggrin:

Guest mysticg

Hi all

Processing dates updated.....moved to 9 sep 2010.

Before 1 july they were fast but now they have really slowed down. Atleast some progress..

Hi all

Before 1 july they were fast but now they have really slowed down. Atleast some progress..

ya they have slowed down. BTW, Did you receive that famous 18th of march letter?. i also applied on feb 2011.

:wubclub:

Guest mysticg
ya they have slowed down. BTW, Did you receive that famous 18th of march letter?. i also applied on feb 2011.

:wubclub:

Hi Samk6

I never received any email from them. I have read in forum many people did received it, don't know what it is..

Hi Samk6

I never received any email from them. I have read in forum many people did received it, don't know what it is..

In there they had asked to do the medicals and pcc. i have done medicals and it has finalized..but still waiting for co......

i saw that medicals is pending on your time line. that is why asked you about that.....

:confused:

Guest mysticg
In there they had asked to do the medicals and pcc. i have done medicals and it has finalized..but still waiting for co......

i saw that medicals is pending on your time line. that is why asked you about that.....

:confused:

Thanks for letting me know abt that...Yeah m thinking of getting them done coming month or so..

They are changing priorities, new rules coming every now n then, thats why didn't get them done. I thought why to waste money.

Thanks for letting me know abt that...Yeah m thinking of getting them done coming month or so..

They are changing priorities, new rules coming every now n then, thats why didn't get them done. I thought why to waste money.

yes you are correct. if i wont gt co withing another 2-3 months. i'll have to redo my medicals and pcc. itz really wasting both money and time.....:cry:

Guest The Fitz's

Hi

At the time off applying my occupation (butcher/small goods maker ) was on the sol list. However it has now been removed, so i guess i'll be waiting a long time to hear anything.

Hi all

Yeah the progress has slowed down considerably i.e in July cat 4's who applied 10-July-2010 had been assigned a co and now end of Aug Cat 4's who applied 09-Sept-10 have been assigned a case office. Rate of progress has slowed down to one months worth to every month that passes!

In Aug-10 the ex-rate was $1.70 to the £1 this dropped to about $1.55 a few months after and did not really recover. My point being is this may have put off a number of people applying at the time and therefore the rate of assignment may increase! (Just trying to put a positive spin on things):smile:

Hi,

I have applied on May 24th, 176-Relative sponsored visa.Now I have got the SS from Victoria.

If I want to withdraw my application and file a new one with state sponsorship will I get the refund?

If so how can I apply for refund?

Unfortunately, you couldn't refund your money. But u can apply for a new application with new fees. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Guest Tony Smithy

Hi Guys, (first time poster here)

Does anyone know if I apply for a 176 family visa and my occupation is on the SOL schedule 1 - will I be a priority group 3 or a priority group 4? or are other factors taken into account to determine the priority group?

Smithy

(Sorry if this is in the wrong thread but it seemed relevant)

Hi Guys, (first time poster here)

Does anyone know if I apply for a 176 family visa and my occupation is on the SOL schedule 1 - will I be a priority group 3 or a priority group 4? or are other factors taken into account to determine the priority group?

Smithy

(Sorry if this is in the wrong thread but it seemed relevant)

I think your are at cat group 04. only the 176 state sponsor applicants are belong to cat group 03.

samk6

mysticg, well done! great news for a friday, 7 months not too bad then. But as you applied in feb, before the new rules, you were probably in priority group 3.

The medicals dont take too long, we got an appt straight away and the results were final after 2-3 weeks. The PCC wont take long either, 10 working days they say. All down hill from now, yippee!! Thank you for letting us know, this is what we hang on to, the success stories!

Guest Chandana
Hi All,

Yippieeeeeeeeeeeeee got CO today.

Busy Arranging medicals and additional requirements......

Congrats ..!

+ve assesment ,176 family sponsored lodged on 16/6/11 ,CO awaiting,Meds & PCC pending

Guest JandLeen
Hi All,

Yippieeeeeeeeeeeeee got CO today.

Busy Arranging medicals and additional requirements......

Congrats!! Im too excited now cos we applied 2 days after u! Hope I hear something soon! :) good luck with all your planning.

Archived