Scanning originals or certifying documents

trace1

Please can anyone help...We are about to apply for our 457 visa and my ex husband and I need to fill out form 1229...consent from him for us to take children under 18 to Oz...from what I understand you can send scanned versions of coloured documents along with your application...however if you have any documents such as this form in black and white they need to be signed in a coloured pen...is this correct? or do they also have to be certified by a solicitor?...am confused

Trace :arghh:

I asked DIAC this today and they told me that as long as it was an original, it could be scanned. I specifically asked, even if it didn't have any colour on it at all, so if it was just a black and white letter or document etc and the two different guys I asked both said it didn't matter if they didn't have any colour on them, as long as they were the originals that were scanned in it would be fine. They seemed to be extremely keen for people to be applying online and putting their paperwork and docs through this way if it helps any - perhaps they have had job losses so less people to process docs, or just its a lot quicker and easier to see them online etc - who knows? But anyway, that's what they told me today....

I asked DIAC this today and they told me that as long as it was an original, it could be scanned. I specifically asked, even if it didn't have any colour on it at all, so if it was just a black and white letter or document etc and the two different guys I asked both said it didn't matter if they didn't have any colour on them, as long as they were the originals that were scanned in it would be fine. They seemed to be extremely keen for people to be applying online and putting their paperwork and docs through this way if it helps any - perhaps they have had job losses so less people to process docs, or just its a lot quicker and easier to see them online etc - who knows? But anyway, that's what they told me today....

That is REALLY good to know, thanks for posting. I don't need to pay the solicitor more dosh after all ! :wink:

Archived