Job offer in perth!! General advice please

kenny01

Hey! Must say that this has proved to be a fantastic site for information.

Basically i have been offered a FIFO job as a diesel mechanic in perth. As you can imagine im hugely interested but would appreciate any experience/advice from anyone in the same boat. Ill be bringing me girlfriend and 14 month old over as soon as. Just mainly concerned about cost of living. i should be on a pretty decent starting wage, but everything seems so damn expensive! Beginning to think ill be better off in the UK on my current wage (about national average) than on aus wage (a fair bit above national average) Any advice appreciated!! And if theres any friendly folks out there in perth area would like to hear fromn you.

thankyou in advance

shane.:biggrin:

Guest siamsusie

Hi Kenny,

I do hope your plans work out for you guys.

Do feel feel to also post on the WA threads .. we also have a sister forum http://www.perthpoms.com/.

Hopefully you will get loads of advice there.

Susie

Hey! Must say that this has proved to be a fantastic site for information.

Basically i have been offered a FIFO job as a diesel mechanic in perth. As you can imagine im hugely interested but would appreciate any experience/advice from anyone in the same boat. Ill be bringing me girlfriend and 14 month old over as soon as. Just mainly concerned about cost of living. i should be on a pretty decent starting wage, but everything seems so damn expensive! Beginning to think ill be better off in the UK on my current wage (about national average) than on aus wage (a fair bit above national average) Any advice appreciated!! And if theres any friendly folks out there in perth area would like to hear fromn you.

thankyou in advance

shane.:biggrin:

hey shane ...perth is expensive to live in ..but ...if ur gona be working fifo then im sure the wages more than compensate this ....unless u want to be living in a mansion in hillarys lol ......my concern would be more to ur partner being alone with a baby and not having regular moral support when she probably needs it the most ......fifo can be a lonely life for the one left behind ...my o/h is a excavator operator on fifo so give us a hoy if u need any more info

mrs keily

Archived