Homeward Bound in 4 weeks!

Lynne S

Hi All,

I've posted a few threads in the last few months with dilemmas about moving back. I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone that has given us constructive advice - its certainly helped us look at it from different directions. After lots of decision making we did decide in the end to make the move and in 4 weeks time we'll be on the plane. We'll be going back with out citizenship, which has been a really difficult one for me, but we are going to get the 5 year return residence visa before we go (for that just in case) - not that I want to go back with this thought. Anyway we are busy packing up, we've sold nearly everything we needed to sell, so we're now on the countdown....will let you know how it all goes when we get back. Thanks again, this site has been a real soul saver at times, I'm so glad I stumbled across it.

How long you been in Australia, what state are you in, whats your reason for returning please? Oh sorry i see your in Mel

Guest siamsusie

Lynne, all the best with your plans going back.

Well done for obtaining the RRV's, you never know what the future holds, but the most important thing is for you and your family's happiness.

Please do let us know how you have got on.

Congratulations on making a very important decision.

Susie x

Guest John Farley

Good luck Lynne, could i also ask why please as well are going the other way and i'm seeing more and more moving back to the UK.

Hi, we are actually now in Perth we moved over here 6 months ago because we though we would prefer it, but unfortunatley after living here for a while we don't. We've been in Aus for 3years and 8 months. We are going back for lots of reasons, but mainly because we know the Australian way of life is not for us. Its a great lifestyle, but I don't think its for everyone!

Lynne, all the best with your plans going back.

Well done for obtaining the RRV's, you never know what the future holds, but the most important thing is for you and your family's happiness.

Please do let us know how you have got on.

Congratulations on making a very important decision.

Susie x

Thanks Susie, its really not been an easy one, bigger decision than making the move out in alot of ways, but I think once you make the decision you have to go with it and give it your best for everyones sake (family)

xx

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Lynne

Good luck with the move back hun, it is a hard decision but I am sure it will be worth it and you won't look back. Please do let us know how you go on when you get back.

Hugs

K x

Hi, we are actually now in Perth we moved over here 6 months ago because we though we would prefer it, but unfortunatley after living here for a while we don't. We've been in Aus for 3years and 8 months. We are going back for lots of reasons, but mainly because we know the Australian way of life is not for us. Its a great lifestyle, but I don't think its for everyone!

Thanks, good luck with the move back, I take it you are heading back to UK?

Guest famousfive

Best of luck to you on your return,as you say the decision to return is sometimes harder than it seems,with that decision made you can now put your mind fully into planning your future.You have chosen a lovely time of the year to return too.All the best.

Hi Dawn, I've just been trying to find the thread where you kindly asked if we'd sorted the schools back in the UK, I had a quick look on the site the other day for a few minutes, but didn't have time to reply as I had to go out. Its still all going through - I sent all the applications off 4/5 weeks ago and we have a lady thats been really helpful at the council, we are just waiting to complete on the house we've brought so the solicitor can send through a copy of the contract etc and she said she will then put us into a criteria - but she has told us that whatever happens it will go to appeal, because the 2 catchment schools are over subscribed. I could and have let this worry me sick, but I'm actually in the mindset now, that whichever way it goes, it is at present out of our control, we can only do the very best we can from here to put as much into place as possible - once we are back it will be easier to communicate. How are you all going, are you enjoying the summer?

Hi Dawn, I've just been trying to find the thread where you kindly asked if we'd sorted the schools back in the UK, I had a quick look on the site the other day for a few minutes, but didn't have time to reply as I had to go out. Its still all going through - I sent all the applications off 4/5 weeks ago and we have a lady thats been really helpful at the council, we are just waiting to complete on the house we've brought so the solicitor can send through a copy of the contract etc and she said she will then put us into a criteria - but she has told us that whatever happens it will go to appeal, because the 2 catchment schools are over subscribed. I could and have let this worry me sick, but I'm actually in the mindset now, that whichever way it goes, it is at present out of our control, we can only do the very best we can from here to put as much into place as possible - once we are back it will be easier to communicate. How are you all going, are you enjoying the summer?

Hi Lynne,

Its lovely to hear from you, I expect your really busy at the moment tying up loose ends before your return!

Wishing you lots of luck with the school appeals, something we went through with two of our children, Again they were over subscribed and mid year intake, Happy to say we won ours, and i am happy to help if you want any information regarding this, and give you some idea what will be involved etc please don't hesitate to ask, Like you say it will be a lot easier once you are back to be able to talk to the authorities!

Weather has been fine, just been having the long awaited wet spell, which will hold back the hose pipe ban for a while longer lol

Hope to speak to you again before your journey, take care

all the best Dawn x

Archived