Asking to waiver a no further stay condition on a tourist visa

Guest Conrad

Guest Conrad

Hi!

Back in town after a couple of weeks in NZ- it's been a pretty stressful experience with immigration and their concerns with me wanting to stay here illegally, still they've granted me a 3 month tourist visa with a "no further stay" condition.

I have just been nominated fr a business sponsorship 457 visa by a company for the position of Flood Recovery Worker in Brisbane, so I need to have that no further stay condition removed to be able to apply for my visa and start work.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Conrad. :biggrin:

Guest Ph0en1x
How did you reach that conclusion from the link posted? :swoon:

If condition 8503 has been imposed on your visa, it means you cannot apply for another visa (other than a protection visa or a temporary visa of a specified kind) to extend your stay while you are in Australia. Once you depart Australia condition 8503 will not prevent you from applying for other visas.

So

As the OP has a 3 months restriction on the visa , the above applies uless the Op has a reason for a temporary visa of a specified kind, no idea what that may be though

Oh right, I was on the understanding you weren't allowed to apply for another visa while in Australia- that's all good then. Cheers :wink:

You aren't. The link posted does not give any indication otherwise. That is why I have questioned it.

If condition 8503 has been imposed on your visa, it means you cannot apply for another visa (other than a protection visa or a temporary visa of a specified kind) to extend your stay while you are in Australia. Once you depart Australia condition 8503 will not prevent you from applying for other visas.

So

As the OP has a 3 months restriction on the visa , the above applies uless the Op has a reason for a temporary visa of a specified kind, no idea what that may be though

Yes so why are you saying he has three months to apply for the 457? If you do not understand what you are posting it might be better to refrain, OP seems to have now ot the impression that the 8503 means nothing. :no:

Guest siamsusie

Any "no further stay condition 8503's " imposed on my visas prior to my de facto visa were non negotiable on shore!

Guest Ph0en1x
Yes so why are you saying he has three months to apply for the 457? If you do not understand what you are posting it might be better to refrain, OP seems to have now ot the impression that the 8503 means nothing. :no:

You are correct, i was under the assumption the 457 process had been started:biggrin:

Hi!

Back in town after a couple of weeks in NZ- it's been a pretty stressful experience with immigration and their concerns with me wanting to stay here illegally, still they've granted me a 3 month tourist visa with a "no further stay" condition.

I have just been nominated fr a business sponsorship 457 visa by a company for the position of Flood Recovery Worker in Brisbane, so I need to have that no further stay condition removed to be able to apply for my visa and start work.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Conrad. :biggrin:

There is no way you meet the conditions for a waiver of the 8503.

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/52bWaiving_Condition8503.htm

Don't waste your or anyone else's time trying to get a waiver. Go back to NZ, apply for your 457 and come back to Australia once it's granted.

Guest RuthRescued
There is no way you meet the conditions for a waiver of the 8503.

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/52bWaiving_Condition8503.htm

Don't waste your or anyone else's time trying to get a waiver. Go back to NZ, apply for your 457 and come back to Australia once it's granted.

Hopefully the fact that I will be working as part of the flood recovery in Brisbane will be taken into account. Can't see the Australian immigration department getting in the way of disaster recovery in Queensland.

Well 8503 just dont be waived just because it seems like a sensible Idea, they are there for a purpose and if people just ran around coming up with excuses to waive them then there is no point to having them in the first place. The whiole point is to deter people from coming on a tourist visa for reasons other than tourism.

In saying that flood recovery is fast tracked so instead of waiting 3 or 4 months to process the 457 it might be only a month, just take a nice 3 or 4 week NZ holiday and enjoy the skiing.

Archived