176 lodged May 2011 Gang

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Sarah,

I know what you mean about the family thing! It is going to be hard when it is time to go but the world is such a small place these days we will be able to keep in contact with skype.

We will look forward to meeting you guys when we get there :o)

Anne

x

Yes, you are right, the world is a small place and Skype is fab!

Looking forward to meeting you all too :-)

Sarah x

Yeah, you said it was going to be this week, didn't you! :-)

Glad the in-laws ate talking to you now. I guess you never know how people will feel even when they already knew!

Wow- 6 quotes!! What do you do, just show them round the house and point to what you are taking? I need to get stuff from the in-laws that we left there last time we moved before getting quotes. I think we too will try to get rid of lots. I have been washing and photographing garden stuff to sell the last few days. The kids are ok with that as they've outgrown it all. Loooaaaddds more to sort in the house, not to mention building work needing finishing, electrics, plumbing etc. I think we will put the house up for sale before it's finished though.

Keep letting us know your plans and how everything is going, Linsey, it's really useful. Which shipping companies would you recommend? Xx

No probs at all Sarah. Everyone on here has helped me heaps too. Any advise from anyone is great. Excess international were v gd yest. They told us how much room on the container we were taking up etc. Crown are coming nxt wk as Wel as pss international. We r lookin for quotes under £3000. That's t budget. If it don't fit in it ain't comin wi us!

It's my turn this sunday wi my sister to do the dreaded car boot!!! It's gotta b done. boo!!! :(

We found boxes in the garage that hadn't been touched in 10 years!!! So chucked the lot.

Good luck wi the house u will get there, u have OZ now to push u forward...........yipeeeeee!!!!

It makes me feel complete wen I think of it.

Anything let me know.

Lotsa love an best wishes t al those waiting we r nearly there MAY gang!! Not a lotta left now!!

Supa xxxx

Congratulations to all who have been granted their VISA's, I now know how you all felt we got the call today. YIPPEEE We have a VISA. Perth here we come. Everyone on here has so much advice that they have shared with everyone, I would just like to say thanks to you all. I haven't posted much, as you have covered pretty much everything, but I have read all you have to say and it is invaluable. Thanks very much everyone. :wink:

Guest annerichard
Congratulations to all who have been granted their VISA's, I now know how you all felt we got the call today. YIPPEEE We have a VISA. Perth here we come. Everyone on here has so much advice that they have shared with everyone, I would just like to say thanks to you all. I haven't posted much, as you have covered pretty much everything, but I have read all you have to say and it is invaluable. Thanks very much everyone. :wink:

:biglaugh:CONGRATULATIONS !!!:biglaugh:

The Pallis it is an awesome feeling isn't it:biggrin:

Well done and enjoy the celebrations!

Guest annerichard
No probs at all Sarah. Everyone on here has helped me heaps too. Any advise from anyone is great. Excess international were v gd yest. They told us how much room on the container we were taking up etc. Crown are coming nxt wk as Wel as pss international. We r lookin for quotes under £3000. That's t budget. If it don't fit in it ain't comin wi us!

It's my turn this sunday wi my sister to do the dreaded car boot!!! It's gotta b done. boo!!! :(

We found boxes in the garage that hadn't been touched in 10 years!!! So chucked the lot.

Good luck wi the house u will get there, u have OZ now to push u forward...........yipeeeeee!!!!

It makes me feel complete wen I think of it.

Anything let me know.

Lotsa love an best wishes t al those waiting we r nearly there MAY gang!! Not a lotta left now!!

Supa xxxx

Hope you don't mind me butting in, we had PSS in and they were very good they did the same and told you how much room we would use in the container and they were well under £3000 that includes making the crate for our 50" flat screen tv they were very informative and told us that they only need 48 hours notice b4 we .

We have Pickfords coming out next week, but we want to have a few more too.

Anne

x

Guest annerichard
I'm soooo pleased for you guys!!! Had that feeling it was gonna b Ur wk!!

It's a crazy feeling in it!!! Took me days to come round. My oh family r jus talking to us now. We told them ovr two years ago. Madness it's taken us this long!

I ditto Anne.... Would love t keep in touch an hav a huge party in Oz!!!

Best of luck wi all Ur plans, this bit is mental!!! But love it

Keep in touch wi ur plans. If u need any advise re removals let me know. Next wk I will hav had 6 quotes!! Bonkers and also trying t sell my house on top of it we must b mad eh

Lol

Linsey xxxxxxxxx

What is your secret getting to Oz so quickly, have you had to sell a house or anything?

We want to be there by the end of October but we have to sell the house so I think that we might be pushing our luck somewhat LOL.

Deffo meet up though looking forward to it already!!!

Anne

x

Guest Anita in uk

Hi everyone, me, my OH and 2 children had our meds yesterday in Manchester. Felt good to get them out of the way! Just a waiting game now.

Heading to Baldivis in Perth as thats were my family live.

TRA approved; 4th March 2011, Granted WA SS; 20th May, Lodged 176 visa; 24th May, PCC; 20th July, Medicals; 3rd Aug 2011.

Guest Anita in uk

Oh forgot to mention, we have also sold our house!! was really shocked as it was only up for 2 days and my oh landed himself a job 4 days before. It all seems to be happening.

Exciting but abit scarey as well. xx

Congratulations!!!! Fab news!!! Hope you had a great night celebrating!!! It seems that most of us are off to Perth :-)

Hi everyone, me, my OH and 2 children had our meds yesterday in Manchester. Felt good to get them out of the way! Just a waiting game now.

Heading to Baldivis in Perth as thats were my family live.

TRA approved; 4th March 2011, Granted WA SS; 20th May, Lodged 176 visa; 24th May, PCC; 20th July, Medicals; 3rd Aug 2011.

Good luck and hope you get your visa soon!! Congrats on selling your house too - fantastic!! Hope we sell ours that fast! Our last place we sold in 12 days (had offers after 2 days) but times were better then. We also didn't use an estate agent - we used an online co. Called Housenetwork, which at the time were only about £500! We will use them again hopefully this time. It goes on Rightmove, they take the pics, you email them the info about your property and show people round yourself :-)

Thanks Linsey and Anne, I've noted down those companies for when I'm ready to call them out. I'm trying to figure out the best order to do things in still. I'm thinking 1. De-clutter 2. Mad clean 3. Get stuff I want to bring to the house. 4. Estate agents for prices 5. Quotes for shipping & then the million other things to do, lol.

Linsey, good luck for the car boot on Sunday - at least it's not cold this time of year. Need to get organised and do some myself! The early morning is a killer!

Can't wait to tell our daughter when she gets back later - it will feel more real then!

I'd also like to go by the end of October to get the kids settled into school. My 4 year old starts a new school in September, he'll just settle in and then we'll leave! Will he even be at school in Oz or nursery?? I don't know.

Good luck to those still waiting! Xx

What is your secret getting to Oz so quickly, have you had to sell a house or anything?

We want to be there by the end of October but we have to sell the house so I think that we might be pushing our luck somewhat LOL.

Deffo meet up though looking forward to it already!!!

Anne

x

Hey Anne. Sorry for late response out wi friends slightly rough 2day whoops! An also got loads of family here....... Arrrah!!! V bad head ache!!

Re ur question I know we are bonkers but I we've wanted t move t Oz for 3 yrs now jus took ages for us t get our visa so we hav saved! Thou t stocks crashed last and we sold our shares last ngt so I'm truly hoping we hav not lost money. If we don't sell house we Wil rent it out. I Wil work almost straight away in Oz an hubby Wil hav t find something ASAP.

If u need any help whilst we r there i can help u as we arrive in Perth 21st Oct. Areas at mo are Joonaloop, Butler, Clarkson an Rockingham. Butler seems cheaper t rent unfurnished.

Best of luck wi ur plans

Lins xxxx

Thanks Linsey and Anne, I've noted down those companies for when I'm ready to call them out. I'm trying to figure out the best order to do things in still. I'm thinking 1. De-clutter 2. Mad clean 3. Get stuff I want to bring to the house. 4. Estate agents for prices 5. Quotes for shipping & then the million other things to do, lol.

Linsey, good luck for the car boot on Sunday - at least it's not cold this time of year. Need to get organised and do some myself! The early morning is a killer!

Can't wait to tell our daughter when she gets back later - it will feel more real then!

I'd also like to go by the end of October to get the kids settled into school. My 4 year old starts a new school in September, he'll just settle in and then we'll leave! Will he even be at school in Oz or nursery?? I don't know.

Good luck to those still waiting! Xx

Hi Sarah, it will all come together in t end. Take each day as it comes, otherwise u go bonkers like me hee hee!!! :):)

I couldn't wait t get crakin on t quotes. Excess international quote is fab £3000 for all our stuff, we hope that Inc the settee.

There is a Kintergarden in Oz (think that's how it's Spelt) for Ur 4 yr old. As soon as u arrive u must call in at a local centrelink an register. They give u loads of advise. And your tax file number etc. As we r on 176PR visa we mgt b entitled t 4yr old funding like t uk. But check it out on t Internet t confirm.

As I mentioned t Anne wen I'm there anything u need let me know. We arrive on t 21st Oct (counting down t days)

Best of luck

Lins xxxx

Guest b3njam1n0
My face is stuck in that position lol, you will know what I mean today.

That sums it up! My cheeks hurt..!!! :biggrin:

Ben

(June-Ganger)

Guest lexylou

Hi everyone,

Its been very hectic for us at the moment and it now feels soooooooo real! Well our house is rented and we move out on 14th August, shippers coming on 11 & 12th August, omg. We are in the middle of sorting the house out and I've been quite emotional, who wouldnt be. We fly out on 14th September to Perth with Singapore airlines yipeeeeee. I have sent our passports to London for the visa labels. Going on holiday on 23rd for two weeks if Im still standing lol.

Will keep you posted xx Gillian

Fantastic news to all who had their visa grants recently xxxx

Guest mandi1971

Sharon and Palo

CONGRATULATIONS :hug:

Its amazing finally having our golden tickets!!!!

We will have to celebrate in style soon hun :wink:

Mandi xx

Sharon and Palo

CONGRATULATIONS :hug:

Its amazing finally having our golden tickets!!!!

We will have to celebrate in style soon hun :wink:

Mandi xx

Hi there Mandi. So pleased for You guys. Didn't doubt that u wouldn't get that visa. Chuffed for u babes. And t get it on hol...... Even better eh!!!

Glad u got home ok as some holiday companies gone bust!!! Ngtmare.

Good luck wi ur plans

Linsxxxxx

Guest mandi1971
Hi there Mandi. So pleased for You guys. Didn't doubt that u wouldn't get that visa. Chuffed for u babes. And t get it on hol...... Even better eh!!!

Glad u got home ok as some holiday companies gone bust!!! Ngtmare.

Good luck wi ur plans

Linsxxxxx

Thanks Hun,it was our company that went bust lol but got us home ok,gotta feel sorry for the ones that didn't get away tho.

Had a great time but can't wait to start planning our move. Should be after the New Year if all goes to plan.

How's your plans coming along,you must be sooo excited

Big hugs

Mandi xx

Guest Anita in uk

Thanks Honey and Tim and thepallis for your messages, I wish you all lots and lots of luck for the future. Hubbys job offer has flopped so really anxious at moment, just want him to find a well paid job for when we arrive in Oct. Anyone got any contacts for a mechanical fitter/machinist, will consider FIFO........

Hi Sarah, it will all come together in t end. Take each day as it comes, otherwise u go bonkers like me hee hee!!! :):)

I couldn't wait t get crakin on t quotes. Excess international quote is fab £3000 for all our stuff, we hope that Inc the settee.

There is a Kintergarden in Oz (think that's how it's Spelt) for Ur 4 yr old. As soon as u arrive u must call in at a local centrelink an register. They give u loads of advise. And your tax file number etc. As we r on 176PR visa we mgt b entitled t 4yr old funding like t uk. But check it out on t Internet t confirm.

As I mentioned t Anne wen I'm there anything u need let me know. We arrive on t 21st Oct (counting down t days)

Best of luck

Lins xxxx

Thanks Linsey, I think that's what I'm most worried about, schooling for the kids. I'll sleep on the beach, so long as my children are happy and go to good schools/kindergarten (sp?). Have you sorted out a rental or will you do that when you get there? It's apparently hard to get one and then you only get into certain schools if living on the right street! Hope your car boot sale went well yesterday? I had a bit of a clear out and put some stuff on eBay and gumtree :-) xx

Hi everyone,

Its been very hectic for us at the moment and it now feels soooooooo real! Well our house is rented and we move out on 14th August, shippers coming on 11 & 12th August, omg. We are in the middle of sorting the house out and I've been quite emotional, who wouldnt be. We fly out on 14th September to Perth with Singapore airlines yipeeeeee. I have sent our passports to London for the visa labels. Going on holiday on 23rd for two weeks if Im still standing lol.

Will keep you posted xx Gillian

Fantastic news to all who had their visa grants recently xxxx

Hi Gillian, that's fantastic news! How exciting! You are so organised! Have a great holiday - bet you'll need it after all that! Are you staying with family until you go? What do you do about travel insurance when going to Oz? Good luck with it all, great to hear how you are doing xx

Archived