can i bring my partner(Wife)on bridging visa A?

Guest pangel

Guest pangel

I am in australia on Bridging visa A; i was on student visa prior to that; i will be getting married to my partner in India in November; we are in relationship from past 5 years; which is the best way i can bring her to australia?

Guest Pranav Rai Sood
you cant do anything before you get your pr.

and a word of advice, do not add any information regarding your marriage to your current application.

Hey can you please elaborate why ? i am also in the same predicament .I was also wanting to ask the same question

please reply

Hey can you please elaborate why ? i am also in the same predicament .I was also wanting to ask the same question

please reply

firstly, you cant add any more migrating member to your application(except for new born baby). It is stated that applicant and migrating members have to be declared at the time of visa lodgement.

So, by adding any new spouse or wife, they will not be treated as a migrating dependent/spouse/wife, just a non-migrating one. They'll be assessed by diac as well, you will have to provide the same documents(meds, pcc, birth cert).

Guest Pranav Rai Sood
firstly, you cant add any more migrating member to your application(except for new born baby). It is stated that applicant and migrating members have to be declared at the time of visa lodgement.

So, by adding any new spouse or wife, they will not be treated as a migrating dependent/spouse/wife, just a non-migrating one. They'll be assessed by diac as well, you will have to provide the same documents(meds, pcc, birth cert).

but if we notify with the change of circumstances as mentioned on the immigration website cant it be done ?

and also if i get maried in india and i am on a bridging visa and then come back to australia after the marriage and then wait for my PR.

After getting my PR will i be able to sponsor my wife without any issues

please comment.

but if we notify with the change of circumstances as mentioned on the immigration website cant it be done ?

and also if i get maried in india and i am on a bridging visa and then come back to australia after the marriage and then wait for my PR.

After getting my PR will i be able to sponsor my wife without any issues

please comment.

you just cant add any more migrating member(s) after visa lodgement.

Guest Pranav Rai Sood

What i man to ask is that i will not be adding any more members to my applications

ill be getting married on a bridging visa and getting the marriage registered in india

then ill be comming back to australia.After getting my pr then ill be filling for my wife's Documents for PR will this pose any issue to my Current 885 application?

What i man to ask is that i will not be adding any more members to my applications

ill be getting married on a bridging visa and getting the marriage registered in india

then ill be comming back to australia.After getting my pr then ill be filling for my wife's Documents for PR will this pose any issue to my Current 885 application?

how can it affect to your current pr application?

you said it yourself, After getting my pr meaning you've got your pr by that time?

how can it affect to your current pr application?

you said it yourself, After getting my pr meaning you've got your pr by that time?

Don't want to be rude, but you really don't sound like you have a clue what you're talking about. Hiding information about such a big change in status as marriage from DIAC during a PR application could indeed impact upon that PR status if DIAC find out at a later date, which they will if he puts in a sponsorship application.

I would recommend anyone in this sort of situation speak to a migration agent to figure out a plan of action. A one hour consultancy doesn't cost the earth.

Don't want to be rude, but you really don't sound like you have a clue what you're talking about. Hiding information about such a big change in status as marriage from DIAC during a PR application could indeed impact upon that PR status if DIAC find out at a later date, which they will if he puts in a sponsorship application.

I would recommend anyone in this sort of situation speak to a migration agent to figure out a plan of action. A one hour consultancy doesn't cost the earth.

yeah you're probably right.. but not everything has to be declared and opened up..

if it can save you money..

Yes you can.

If you have a spouse, either de facto or married and you do not declare this before a visa is granted, it is open to the minister to cancel the visa.

If you were in a de facto relationship at the time of your current visa application or some previous application you should have declared the relationship.

You could be heading for trouble. I strongly advise that you consult a registered migration agent.

you cant do anything before you get your pr.

and a word of advice, do not add any information regarding your marriage to your current application.

I very much question the validity of this advice and wonder what you base it on?

What happens when the applicant obtains PR and then wants to sponsor his wife? All they have done is withhold information from the Immigration Department which could prejudice their future spouse application.

I believe that you are getting two completely separate issues confused.

Answer to this thread is big "NO WAY"!!!

this was my story and I don't have time to explain everything again (Please refer to thread 2231-79 Priority) where i have already explained all this.You cannot sponsor anyone on a bridging visa and for onshore visa, applicant has to be onshore at the time of lodgement.

• 2 years later...
yeah you're probably right.. but not everything has to be declared and opened up..

if it can save you money..

If false is misleading information is given on a visa application the applicant stands to have a visa refusal/cancellation and be barred from applying for 3 years.

False or misleading includes any matter that might have been taken into account when making a visa decision, not was taken into account, and includes innocent mistakes where the applicant did not know the information was wrong.

Archived