Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'bridging'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Working and Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Studying and Training Visas
    • Other Visas
    • Repealed and Closed Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Citizenship
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 120 results

  1. Hi guys, I am currently living in Australia on a bridging visa A, with my immediate family who are Australian residents. Long story short : My parents and 3 little brothers moved here 7 years ago whilst I was at university and due to me being classed as independent (I was 23) I was removed from their visa (skilled work). I then applied for a remaining relative visa (onshore) to which gave me a 50 year wait time for my visa (with no working rights as I entered Australia on a holiday visa). I am now 27, and have found a partner (Australian citizen). We tick a lot of the boxes required to apply for a partner visa, however we recently approached a few visa agents regarding the application. We have had two responses, one said yes all good we can apply. The other said, due to my current application and bridging visa, I won’t be able to apply. I contacted immigration and the woman I spoke to pretty much read off the website and couldn’t answer the simplest of questions (she suggested I contact a visa agent ) I’m just looking for someone who might have been in a similar situation, or someone who has experience in this field. Apologies if I’ve not included enough info for you guys to advise me! Thanks in advance! Jack
  2. jbeeaar

    Bridging visa confusion

    Hey there! I’m trying to help my friend with her visa situation and I have a quick question.. she has been waiting for her second working holiday visa and has been on bridging visa A since January last year.. does the time of your new visa start from the date it was applied for or from when it gets approved? Because she’s still on a bridging visa because of COVID, does she have to leave 12 months after the application was submitted & not have it approved yet? Or can she wait until it gets approved and stay on the bridging visa and then she has a full 12 months on the second working holiday visa? Please and Thankyou!!
  3. Hi Guys, Just about to submit my British husband's 309 partner visa (i.e. I'm the Aussie). We intend to travel back to Australia mid next year (his 309 visa will be about 8 months into the process), where I will start a new job. He will be looking after our then 1.5yr old son whilst waiting for the visa to come through. Looking for advice as follows: 1. I understand that he's allowed to travel to Aus on a 600 visitor visa while the 309 is still in process. I've heard some people say their 600 visa allows them 12 months stay. How do you go about getting a 600 visa for 12 months? 2. I've started to hear people mention a 'bridging' visa which would actually result in my husband being allowed to come to Aus before the 309 is approved AND work? Seems too good to be true? Can anyone shed any light on this as an alternative? And when would you apply for it - in the UK prior to leaving for Aus (skipping the 600 visa altogether), or do you get the 600 visa, come to Aus, then apply for the bridging visa? Thanks everyone.
  4. Hello all! I've been living in Brisbane for almost 3 years with my Aussie gf. I'm currently on a Bridging Visa while I wait for the first part of my Partner Visa to be completed (been waiting 19 months, and lived here for 12 months prior to that on WHV). So 3 years in August. I was moving apartments on Monday and I lost my wallet - all bank cards, and also my UK drivers license. So what can I do about getting a new/replacement license? From all my research, I don't think I can technically get either my UK license replaced or get a QLD license? I don't think I can get an International Driving Permit either. I have a photocopy of my license but not the hard copy. Any suggestions please? TIA Shaun
  5. Hi Guys, I am currently on 417 Working Holiday Visa, I am just about to take the plunge and apply/pay for the 820/801 De Facto Visa. I am seeing some contradicting statements around the conditions of the BVA Bridging Visa. My questions are: 1. Once my Working Holiday has expired in September, and my BVA starts – will I have full unrestricted working rights such as the 820 would grant me or will the conditions of the 417 visa transfer i.e. only being able to work with one employer for 6 months at a time? 2. Once you have paid for the visa, do you receive your BVA instantly (even though it does not come into effect until my 417 expires) or is when my current visa ends that I receive this? Appreciate the thoughts or stories of anyone who has been through a similar situations Cheers :-)
  6. Hi all Myself and wife are looking at emigrating from the UK to Australia and for our skills and age the only real option is a 187 visa. She has an employer who is really interested in sponsoring her which is great, but they are concerned by the potential 22 month wait for the visa to be granted if we get through all of the other stages. Having done some reading into Bridging visas it not really clear as to whether we could apply for the 187, get a bridging visa and move out there to work for the company while we wait for a decision. I appreciate that's a huge gamble as it might not be granted, but I'm struggling to see why companies would even entertain such a visa if they had to wait almost 2 years for their employee to be ready to start. Any advice would be appreciated
  7. Hi, I am an Australian Citizen living in England with my husband and 2 children. We could lodge my family’s ‘partner visa’ form in England and wait a year but I was wondering what would happen if we moved over with my family on holiday visas and then lodged the forms. How long would it take before my husband was able to work? Do you initially get a bridging visa that he can work on? I suppose the other risk is being rejected after you’ve moved over. Thank you for your help in advance. Rachel
  8. Hi, does anyone know if a parent going from a tourist to a bridging 804 visa would have working rights?
  9. Hi All, My mum is currently in Oz on a bridging visa (Aged Parent). We were told by the ATO she was entitled to a TFN, however upon making an appointment, we were told to go to Immigration to get the VISA in her passport and get a bank statement and then return.....which we did - but they refused to give her a TFN because the VISA states she cannot work. She doesn't want to work, she just doesn't want to get Tax Withheld on any interest in her accounts at 47% !!! Has anyone been through this before? Cheers, Dave
  10. Coleen

    Bridging Visa for Visa 485

    Hi! HELP please! Perhaps anyone one of you might be able to help me find some answers ? I am an International Student in AU and before my student visa lapses, I plan to lodge for a temporary Graduate Work visa 485. This type of visa takes 12 long months to process (from DIBP website). A bridging visa will be granted so you can lawfully stay in AU while waiting for your next substantive visa. 1). Can you work while under a Bridging Visa? Full-time or Part-time? 2). Will my kids be allowed to study under a bridging visa? thank you!
  11. Hi everyone! Thanks for reading. My British partner and I applied for our partner visa in May 2014. He is currently on a 457 visa which expiers this December 2014. He is currently employed with a stable job however we want to cover all bases of information in the event the worst case scenario were to happen. If, in the odd event he had to apply for a new job before December, do you know if that new employer would have to sponsor him? Also, if he applied for a new job once the bridging visa kicks in after Dec 14, would they too have to sponsor him? Finding it hard to find all information. Any help would be so greatly appreciated! Many thanks
  12. Hi, I first moved to Australia in 2011 on a working holiday visa and later obtained sponsorship on a 457 visa. However, I left this job in November last year as I was extremely unhappy. Since then I have applied for an 820 Partner Visa and have been advised that a valid application has been received on 10/02/2014. I have been granted a bridging visa A, however this does not come into effect until 2016 when my 457 expires. I have been advised that until my partner visa is approved my only working options are to either work for my previous sponsor or find a new 457 sponsor. Given that finding a 457 sponsor is extremely difficult at the moment (I blame all of the bad publicity in the papers!) I wish to work without obtaining a new sponsor. I understand that I now need to apply for my 457 visa to be cancelled meaning I will become 'unlawful.' I then I need to apply for a bridging visa E (which I cannot work or travel on) and if this is granted then apply for permission to work on financial hardship grounds. I am worried about becoming unlawful with the chance of a bridging visa E not being granted. However, my partner and I are finding it very difficult living from his wages alone so I really need to be able to work. Has anybody else been through this situation? I would really appreciate your advise. Thank you for your help! Rachel
  13. nics84

    190 visa query

    Hey all, new to this so hope someone can help!  In the process of applying for 190 PR visa, partner in oz already on WH visa and I'm here on a tourist visa. Due to go home 3rd January. Visa should be completed approx march time if all goes to plan and then myself and daughter can go out... So does anyone know if we can go out on another tourist visa or is there any type of bridging visa we can get and go out earlier until 190 visa comes through? Or are we supposed to wait until it does? Thanks for any help in advance!
  14. I am in australia on Bridging visa A; i was on student visa prior to that; i will be getting married to my partner in India in November; we are in relationship from past 5 years; which is the best way i can bring her to australia?
  15. Hi Guys, We need your help! Facts: We have a 2-year 457 visa. our 457 Visa expires on 7 Oct 2013. 7 Oct 2013 we will reach the 2 year work experience with the same employer, meaning we can apply for permanent residency (ENS 186). We are not sure whether we need to apply on, after or before the expiry of the 457 visa. We need 2 year work experience with the same employer, this means we can only apply on 7 Oct, same day the visa expires... we are a bit confused Due to the fact that there is a hairs breathe between our two year requirement for PR and our 457 expiring can anyone tell us when would be the absolute latest we could apply? (e.g. the day of expiry, a week before it expires, ...). Any information is much appreciated Many thanks for your help
  16. Guest

    Aged Parents and Bridging Visas

    My partner of 20 years and I are considering migrating to Australia to be with my daughter and her family. We have looked at the Contributory Parental Visa and its (at the current rate) almost £50,000 cost for both. We don't really want to wait for the Non-Contributory visa to come through and have been looking at the Onshore Aged Parental Visa and Bridging Visa as an option. It is not that £50,000 is out of the question, but it is the balance between a reasonably secure settlement in Oz and a perhaps worrisome one. I am 65, my partner 55, my daughter is my only child. He has none of his own. Can any tell me if this might be a reasonable strategy, if I have missed anything, and any opinion on the pros and cons as it were. We sell up, house and all, and take steps to transfer monies to Australia. We 'go on holiday; to stay with family for a projected two months (lets say). While onshore in Oz we lodge an application for an Aged Parent 804 (?). Upon doing this we would then get an automatic bridging Visa to tide us over for the years until the 804 is granted. Is that right? Is is that simple? Save the vast majority of the £50,000? Any flaws or things to consider? My partner is is quite good health, as am I. But I am on regular medication for arthritis and I believe the drugs are quite expensive. What might the costs might be like for my medication and health? Would I qualify for the reciprocal care programme and would that include my drugs? Any other pros/cons anyone can think of? Has anyone here done this at all? Thank you in anticipation.
  17. Hi all! After years of lurking in the forums and getting tips and years of complex delays (family reasons), I finally lodged my De facto Partner (100/309) application on 19/02/2013 (having completed 5 versions of the 40SP/47SP over the years on various false starts!). Following the excellent advice on this forum, I submitted a comprehensive application proving 9 years de facto relationship with my Aussie partner, showing adequate funding, including owning an apartment in Melbourne. I more than qualify for progressing straight to the 100 visa and PR. I also already have family that have emigrated to Australia (2 sisters and husbands, their grown up families etc) so we both have extensive family support networks. But the processing time for partner migration is 8-9 months at least! We sold up and moved into rented nearly a year ago, so everything is in storage ready to go. Obviously, we can wait if we have to but I wonder what other options I have? Travel on a 3m visitors visa and try to get a bridging visa? Sponsored by one of my sisters, perhaps? Any advice on options to explore would be gratefully received! After years of waiting, I just want to get cracking!
  18. Hi all, Currently applying for a Partner Visa. My partner was offered to relocate back to Sydney with a major bank. As my job was floundering we decided to grab the opportunity. I arrived in Australia in March 2011 on a 3 month tourist Visa then submitted my application (subclass 820) in Sydney around the 10th of that month. I received an email acknowledgement the money had been taken and they were starting the process. **Would arriving on a visitor visa and then applying for the partner visa straight away work negatively against me?** As yet I haven't had any further correspondence, only to confirm a change of address (Which I had to chase). As I understand the average waiting time is now around 9 months, something I hadn't originally anticipated. I have enquired about working on the Bridging Visa I am now on. I have emailed twice but not had anything back **Can anyone tell me the conditions on working on a Bridging Visa, as they appear to be a bit vague on the forms I have read. It just uses the language "Under exceptional circumstances". (I would have thought 9 months out of work for anyone would have been exceptional circumstances).** Currently one salary is supporting us, we are housesitting so no rent. There will be a time soon when we will have to find somewhere to rent. I have savings in the UK and Singapore so I guess any decision on allowing me to work is based on this? My savings are for a house deposit though. I'd be happy to pick up some work to tied me over. Any advice would be much appreciated. Regards,
  19. i am currently on bridging visa.I have applied for GSM 485. can i bring her on bridging visa.Can i put her name for GSM 485?
  20. Hi all. I am looking at options for bringing my mother over to Australia, she is 61 so probably won't work once she arrives in Australia. She is single and her only two children (myself and my brother) are both Australian residents. I think the best avenue will be a parent visa (either contributory or not). If we go for a non contributory, I know it could take a long time (maybe 10 years plus) to be finalised. I am wondering if she could apply for some kind of visitor/bridging visa for her to come and live in Australia while she is waiting for the parent visa to be approved? I know she won't be able to work, but this probably isn't an issue in her circumstances. She is keen to get over as soon as possible. Appreciate any responses or suggestions - thanks!
  21. Hi there, I am a newb, so hopefully i get the terms right and someone can give me some good advice. I am currently on a 417 visa, which expires in february. I have applied for the 175 skilled visa - but I understand this can take quite a while to go through. Is there any way I can get a temporary visa / another visa / some mechanism to stay in oz whilst my 175 is processed? I am currently working and can get a letter of support from my employer... thanks for any help you might offer... bio
  22. hello every1 i was on student visa(with work condition ) and it was about expire and don't have 6.5 in ielts so i applied for student ,it got Bridging visa A in between 28 days ,i got 6.5 in ielts and i applied TR and filled 1005(for work right) at same time( still my registration was in condition ) cos i knew i will get bridging visa c with work ceased. i got my work right (full time work before my bringing visa A ended. now m in TR bridging visa c. .i m thinking to apply for 885 ,now i have enough point to apply, only thing i don't have skills assessment certification but i did applied for it and will take 12 weeks to received it cos of this i will be losing my study point on mid jan 2012(more that six month) for Skilled – Independent( 885). what will be the best option to apply 885 will there be any issue if i apply 885 with out Skilled assessment certificate anyone have any idea please share it cheers st
  23. Hi I am just wondering whether any people in this forum help me with bridging visa B process. ^^ I am currently holding bridging visa A as a result of submission of graduate visa, and am planning to go back to my home country for holiday end of November, 2011, which is a week and half later....and actually haven't got air ticket..(I am sure I can get one if I look for it ^^) I thought there will be no issue regarding granting bridging visa B as I believe payment of bridging visa B with an evidence of my flight surely ok and department officer will just grant my bridging visa B straight away. But this is what I thought, I would like to know whether this is true. So my question is; 1. How long does bridging visa B process? Could anyone kindly explain about the procedure? 2. For the substantial reason, I don't actually have this, I just wanna go back as I miss my country and family, but for the safety, I might need to write down that I will attend my cousin's wedding rather than vague words like "domestic issues", right? Also, in that case, should I submit an evidence for the substantial reason? (e.g wedding invitation?) 3. Could anyone know what documentations should I bring to the office for bridging visa B?? Any help would be really appreciated!! Thank you!!
  24. Hello people of the internet. Background; my wife is Australian we’re applied for the spousal visa so while that happens I’m on a bridging visa A. I want to work through (my old job in London had an office in Sydney so I have a job whenever I need it) but to change to a working bridging visa I need to show a financial need. Has anyone ever done this – how long does it take and what is needed?… oh and where you successful? Any help would be lovely ta!
  25. Hi Friends, I am posting some information about an issue that i am experiencing currently. I am on Bridging visa c currently with no study and no work permission. I applied to get my work permission back after 1 month and was rejected and reason was to ask your family for help. Unfortunately my family is overseas and they cannot afford because of the currency difference. Can anyone has the same issue and have got the work permission back ? I am planning to write another letter with the facts i need the permission. Could anybody tell me about strong points that i can mention to the CO? Please help!