Fastest courier firm

fossda

Hi All

I need to get some documents to Australia very quickly. Can anyone recommend a courier company that has a fast turnaround. Not so worried about cost (within reason!!) as I just need to get the stuff there ASAP.

Many thanks

Guest sivakumar
Hi All

I need to get some documents to Australia very quickly. Can anyone recommend a courier company that has a fast turnaround. Not so worried about cost (within reason!!) as I just need to get the stuff there ASAP.

Many thanks

the economic and fastest courier is

https://www.transglobal.org.uk/Default.asp

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cdchaplin

hi i have just contacted dhl, paid online then they are collecting tomorrow and guarentee to deliver in 4 days! for £19. collette ps. i too am a nurse living in halstead(12 miles form colchester!!) Small world ..

We have had a nightmare with posting documents......used Parcelforce Global Express twice. First time the documents turned up 10 days later (paid for a 3 day service). Then found out something else was required urgently so went to the post office, used Parcelforce Global Express again (what were the chances of this happening twice!) & this time they took over a month.

As they had not arrived within the timescale we contacted Parcelforce & an investigation has had to start. Turns out Parcelforce pass the documents to Fedex & then Fedex pass them to an independent courier in Australia. Wouldn't be so bad but the Fedex site got updated on the 16th May to say they were delivered on the 21st of April!?! & our agent still hadn't received them. When they did finally turn up they were just put through the letterbox & no signature requested. Requested signature as proof of delivery, it was apparently illegible!!! Luckily Parcelforce had seen the tracking information before they backdated the delivery so we are covered on that part but it didn't help us with the July 1st deadline that we have now missed. Luckily we are okay on the new rules.

Personally we would not use Parcelforce or Fedex purely due to the stress they caused us by breaking all their own rules.

Guest Pixie10

Oo don't get me started on couriers!! Naughty word in our house! :no:

If you are not too worried about cost I wouldn't go with Parcelforce/Parcels to go etc they all then pass parcels onto DHL or FedEx- best to go direct- if and I really hope not there are any problems at least you can deal with DHL/FedEx directly.

We have had a few nightmares with couriers (not picking things up/not delivering to estimated deadlines) and we had a very very tight timescale Thursday afternoon collection in UK for delivery in Adelaide by Monday am (with Friday a bank hol in UK so nothing moving!!) We paid a bit more, went with DHL and got pickup from business to business service which is much faster than residencial or drop off to business. (some very kind people on here let us use their business- vat no. and details for invoice) you also get a guarateed service and a 24hr contact person! (not that expensive either but ours was just docs)

What I will say is anything is possible.

Ask to speak to DHL/FedEx Special Service and say literally this is what we need how can you do it!

Good luck- it worked out for us and we made the SA SS deadline and got SS granted yesturday.:biggrin:

We have been using FedEx for 9 years and we have never had a late delivery or any other issue, except once when a new driver who was running a bit late and did not know we never sleep, assumed we would be closed after business hours and delivered the next morning.

hi i have just contacted dhl, paid online then they are collecting tomorrow and guarentee to deliver in 4 days! for £19. collette ps. i too am a nurse living in halstead(12 miles form colchester!!) Small world ..

Hiya

Just saying hello - We are off to Melbourne (hopefully) too. I work at Halstead hospital on a Friday sometimes, small world. How far down the emigration route are you??

Rachel

Guest cdchaplin

hi rachel very small world LOL!! I work as a community nurse in halstead but prior to that worked in colchester as community nurse!!! We just sent everything to anmac got there monday and not heard anything from them yet!! how about you?? which part of melbourne you thinking of going?? collette xx:jiggy:

Archived