Arriving in Redcliffe on Tuesday

Guest IlkleyMoorBahtat

Guest IlkleyMoorBahtat

Hello All,

We will arrive in Redcliffle late Tuesday night and we are staying at the Redvue Appartments. It's the first time the boys and I have been to Oz.

Wondered if anyone might like to meet up or give us a small tour of the area? We are a family of four with two boys who will be 2 and 4 in August. It would be great to meet other families in the area.

Thanks

Louise

Hello All,

We will arrive in Redcliffle late Tuesday night and we are staying at the Redvue Appartments. It's the first time the boys and I have been to Oz.

Wondered if anyone might like to meet up or give us a small tour of the area? We are a family of four with two boys who will be 2 and 4 in August. It would be great to meet other families in the area.

Thanks

Louise

Be more than happy to show you around the peninsula, we are just around the corner from you. PM me if you would like a tour around. I am retired so time not a problem.

Hi, not sure if you will have internet access sorted yet, if so hope you are coping with the jetlag. Bit too cold to enjoy the pool at the Redvue at the moment. We live in Kippa-ring so on the peninsula, a family of 4 although my girls are older at 14 and 9, but if you need any advice or a look around, just let us know. Unlike Kernow, we both work full time, but can manage weekends. Elena

Guest Lynne70

Hi Louise, not in Aus yet but just got back from visiting friends was staying in Clontarf. Just a couple of suggestions good family place to eat out Sizzlers they are a chain in queensland loads all around and great for kids. Theres a nice pier ideal for fishing near you too. Oh and nice beach up the coast at caloundra. Enjoy and good luck

Lynne

Guest Louey

Hi Louise

Welcome to Queensland......how you are setlling in and getting over the jet lag? The next few weeks will be a bit manic sorting out things but it does settle down I promise. Think I might have exchanged messages on here with you before?? I am guessing you are from Ilkley......I am from Idle/Thackley area and we have been out here 4 months.

I am on the Gold Coast so a bit of a drive from you but am heading upto the Brisbannittes meet in Wynnum next weekend. The Brisbannittes is a group on facebook that meet once a month here is the link in case you didn't know about it:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_124151367642228&ap=1

Might see you there? If you have any questions as a new arrival feel free to PM me happy to help.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest IlkleyMoorBahtat
Hi Louise, not in Aus yet but just got back from visiting friends was staying in Clontarf. Just a couple of suggestions good family place to eat out Sizzlers they are a chain in queensland loads all around and great for kids. Theres a nice pier ideal for fishing near you too. Oh and nice beach up the coast at caloundra. Enjoy and good luck

Lynne

Thanks Lynne.

We have enjoyed Caloundra already, just beautiful. I have to say wouldn't have normally ventured to Sizzlers but it was, as you said, great for families and quality food, good value for money. Not tried fishing off the pier yet, think my two little ones don't quite have the patience yet. They are loving the beach, even though we're so obviously British as we are the only ones on it in our shorts as the locals walk by in wooly jumpers!

Louise

Guest IlkleyMoorBahtat
Hi Louise

Welcome to Queensland......how you are setlling in and getting over the jet lag? The next few weeks will be a bit manic sorting out things but it does settle down I promise. Think I might have exchanged messages on here with you before?? I am guessing you are from Ilkley......I am from Idle/Thackley area and we have been out here 4 months.

I am on the Gold Coast so a bit of a drive from you but am heading upto the Brisbannittes meet in Wynnum next weekend. The Brisbannittes is a group on facebook that meet once a month here is the link in case you didn't know about it:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_124151367642228&ap=1

Might see you there? If you have any questions as a new arrival feel free to PM me happy to help.

Hi we did chat a while back. We have been here 2 weeks now and things are still a bit hectic. We need to leave our appartment on Tuesday and we will only find out on Monday if we've got our rental. Got to go shopping for everything with two little ones in tow!

Are you still managing to find work? Did I remember right, you're a physio?

Thanks for the link to the Brisbannittes, we couldn't make the last meet but will make the next hopefully. Funnily enough the day after we met a couple at Cleveland who are also members and went to the meet up. Once we get settled in a house I'll be happier, the boys are very unsettled at the moment and the little one is waking a lot in the night. Fingers crossed for Monday!

Guest IlkleyMoorBahtat
Be more than happy to show you around the peninsula, we are just around the corner from you. PM me if you would like a tour around. I am retired so time not a problem.

Hi tried to PM you and it won't work says you can't or don't want to accept PM's.

Sorry not been in touch. Commute not working out so we've been looking south of the river for a rental wasn't really the plan but so be it!

We need to find a cheap car, remembered you mentioned somewhere local to OP a while back. Can you let me know where we could look. Want to spend ~$5000 or thereabouts.

Thanks

Louise

Hi tried to PM you and it won't work says you can't or don't want to accept PM's.

Sorry not been in touch. Commute not working out so we've been looking south of the river for a rental wasn't really the plan but so be it!

We need to find a cheap car, remembered you mentioned somewhere local to OP a while back. Can you let me know where we could look. Want to spend ~$5000 or thereabouts.

Thanks

Louise

will get back to you later today & make a time to take you

will get back to you later today & make a time to take you

Louise, I will be at Redcliffe Jetty Market tomorrow on my Cornish Cream Fudge stall, if you are around say Hi & I will take you on Monday or when is convenient for you. Hope you are enjoying it so far

Regards

Alistair

Archived